(before 1735 - after 1771)
|Relationship||5th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataHelen J Miller was estimated to have been born bef. 1735 ?Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, (whereas I found a John Miller having children baptized in Watten in the 1720s, I did not find any baptisms of any Helen Millers in the Watten Parish Registers from Jun 1725 to 1735, anything earlier than 1725 would be unlikely given the youngest child was baptized 1771. None of the Millers I found were at Coggill.)4
Helen J Miller married David Manson, son of James Manson and Euphen Malcolm, on 12 Feb 1755 Quoybray, Watten, CAI, SCT, Entry reads: Quoybray, 15 Jan 1755. Matrimonially contracted David Manson in Lynegar and Helen Miller in Coggill. Accomplished 12 Feb 1755.2,5,6
Helen J Manson was estimated to have died aft. 1771 ?Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1755 Helen J Miller was living Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, when she married David.5 Fr Feb 1756 - Dec 1759 Helen and David were living Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.7,3 Fr Oct 1763 - Sep 1771 David and Helen J Manson were living Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI.3
NamesHer surname was recorded as Millar on a baptism.8
All the other infoHelen J Miller and John Miller Gresquoy, Watten, CAI, SCT, were possibly related, as the naming pattern of David and Helen's children indicates Helen's father might be a John Miller. This John, at Grasquoy/Gresquoy is the only John I could find in the OPR, and he is of an age to be Helen's father, standing witness to several children in the 1720s.9 Helen J Miller and Esther Miller also at Coggill, Watten, CAI, SCT, in 1755 were possibly related, ?sisters?. Their marriages were less than a mth apart, both from the same small part of Watten Parish. If so, then their respective children who later married, were cousins (James Manson to Christian Georgeson) In addition, the witness to the baptism of Esther Georgeson (dtr of Esther and Donald) was a David Manson, possibly her brother-in-law ie married to Helen. I'm guessing that their parents were John and Christian Miller.4,10
Helen J Miller and John Miller Strath of Watten, CAI, SCT, in 1756 were possibly related ?siblings? John was a witness at the christening of Helen's son James.7 Helen J Miller and Donald Miller Ruther, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in 1764 were possibly related, ?siblings? Donald being a witness at the christening of Helen's dtr Isobel.3 Helen J Miller and William Miller at Ruther, Watten, Caithness, were possibly related, ?siblings? William was a witness at the chr of Helen's dtr Christian, and son William.3
External linksClick here to see Helen's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.11
|David Manson (May 1724 - aft. 1771)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2013|
- 2nd initial from baptism of son James.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, rcvd Aug 2003.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Dec 2003.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER marriage 1755 ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar 1755 David MANSON and Helen MILLER, extracted Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, MANSON/MILLER Baptisms, extracted Sep 1994.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch C110422-?-990557, extracted 1994.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2003.
- Kristine DUNDAS (37807), "EM GEORGESON/SMITH ex Kristine D," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, P/copy of Bower OPR Baptism 1766 Esther GEORGESON, rcvd Apr 2004.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1758 John MANSON, rechecked Nov 2003.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, Bap 1766 Christian MANSON, rcvd Aug 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.