(31 May 1724 - after 1771)
|Father||James Manson1 (cir. 1700 - aft. 1735)|
|Mother||Euphen Malcolm (say 1701 - aft. 1735)|
|Relationship||5th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataDavid Manson was born cir. May 1724 Banks of Scowthell, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.1 He was christened on 31 May 1724 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; Entry reads: "May 31st 1724 James Manson in the Banks of Scowthell had a child bap called David. wittnesses David Water in Bridgend and John Sandison there."2
David Manson married Helen J Miller on 12 Feb 1755 Quoybray, Watten, CAI, SCT, Entry reads: Quoybray, 15 Jan 1755. Matrimonially contracted David Manson in Lynegar and Helen Miller in Coggill. Accomplished 12 Feb 1755.3,4,5
David Manson was estimated to have died aft. 1771 ?Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1755 David Manson was living Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.4 Fr Feb 1756 - Dec 1759 David and Helen were living at Lynegar, Watten, Caithness.1,6 Fr Oct 1763 - Sep 1771 David and Helen J Manson were living Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.6
All the other infoDavid Manson and Alexander Malcom Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, fr 1756 - 1758 were possibly related, ?cousins? Alexander and William Malcolm were witnesses to the respective christenings of David's sons James and John.1 David Manson witnessed the baptism of Esther Georgeson on 16 Feb 1766 Bower, CAI, SCT; IGI has 3 entries (all patron submissions) which have her as Esther or Easter and chr 16 Feb 1766 or 16 Feb 1765. The p/copy of the entry is indistinct, but further up the page is a Jan 1766 entry, so I've assumed Feb 16th 1766 and that the entry reads: Feby 16 Donald Georgeson in Kirk had by his wife Esther Miller a child baptized called Esther Wit: David Manson and John Stephen.7,8
External linksDavid Manson belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Helen J Miller (bef. 1735 - aft. 1771)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||23 Apr 2007|
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, MANSON/MILLER Baptisms, extracted Sep 1994.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Baptism 1724 David MANSON, trans. Sep 1994.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER marriage 1755 ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar 1755 David MANSON and Helen MILLER, extracted Nov 2003.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, rcvd Aug 2003.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batches 7306703-32-822719 (as Easter chr Bower 16 Feb 1766); FPO:448054-?-55976 (as Esther born Kirk, Bower, 16 Feb 1765); 7528705-87-884648 (as Easter GEORGETON chr Bower 16 Feb 1766), rechecked Apr 2004.
- Kristine DUNDAS (37807), "EM GEORGESON/SMITH ex Kristine D," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, P/copy of Bower OPR Baptism 1766 Esther GEORGESON, rcvd Apr 2004.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1758 John MANSON, rechecked Nov 2003.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch C110422-?-990557, extracted 1994.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, Bap 1766 Christian MANSON, rcvd Aug 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.