(circa 1700 - after 1735)
|Relationship||6th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Manson was estimated to have been born cir. 1700 ?Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
James Manson married Euphen Malcolm on 26 Jan 1721 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, Entry (from Pat) reads: "1720, Dec 28, matrimonially contracted James Manson, Banks of Scouthell and Euphen Malcom in Watten by these bind themselves to consummate marriage within 40 days under the penalty aforsaid and to that effect they touched the clerk's pen day and date forsaid. Accompt Jan 26, 1721."2,3
James Manson was estimated to have died aft. 1735 probably at Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsFr Jan 1721 - Sep 1735 James and Euphen were living Banks of Scouthell, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, as the baptisms of their children show.3,5,6
All the other infoJames Manson and Archibald Manson Banks of Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in 1715 were possibly related, ?siblings? How many Manson families can one small place hold? Both were at Banks of Scouthal within a 5 year period, James was there when he married in 1721, Archibald was there when he married in 1715.7 James Manson and Gilbert Manson Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, cir. 1721 were possibly related, as Gilbert lived at Cogill around 1716 thru 1721 whilst James was at Banks of Scouthal and descendants of James were later at Cogle.
External linksClick here to see James's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.
James Manson belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Euphen Malcolm (say 1701 - aft. 1735)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||6 Jul 2013|
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Feb 1994.
- CAI, SCT Watten: Dist 042/1.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, Marriage 1721 James MANSON Euphan MALCOM: ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, births and marriages 1714-1756, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Francis H Groome Groome: Gazetteer of Scotland, 1891 edition, Vol 6 p 477: Watten, extracted Aug 2003.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MALCOM baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, births and marriages 1714-1756, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1734 Isobell MANSON, extracted Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar. 1715 Archibald MANSON and Elspeth CALDER, extracted Dec 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, MANSON/MILLER Baptisms, extracted Sep 1994.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, extracted 1994.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch C110422-?-990557.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.