(14 April 1728 - after 1766)
|Father||James Manson1,2 (cir. 1700 - aft. 1735)|
|Mother||Euphen Malcolm (say 1701 - aft. 1735)|
|Relationship||6th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam Manson was born cir. Apr 1728 Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.2 He was christened on 14 Apr 1728 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; Entry reads: (Apr) 14 1728 James Manson, Scouthill/Scowthell, had a child baptised called William Wit: William Sandison, Graystones, William Watter, Bridgend.1,2,3
William Manson was estimated to have died aft. 1766 ?Banks of Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Dec 1766 William Manson was living Banks of Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, (assumes correctly identified as the witness to niece's baptism.)4
All the other infoWilliam Manson witnessed the christening of Christian Manson on 14 Dec 1766 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.5,4
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
|Last Edited||6 Oct 2006|
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, extracted 1994.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MALCOM baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, births and marriages 1714-1756, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1728 William MANSON, extracted Nov 2003.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MILLER baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, baptisms and marriages 1714-1854, Bap 1766 Christian MANSON, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.