(circa June 1732 - )
|Father||James Manson1,2 (cir. 1700 - aft. 1735)|
|Mother||Euphen Malcolm1 (say 1701 - aft. 1735)|
|Relationship||6th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataAlexander Manson was born cir. Jun 1732 Banks of Scowthall, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.2 He was christened on 2 Jun 1732 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; s/o James, no mother given on igi. OPR entry (from Pat) reads: 1732, 22nd (sic, cf IGI) (mth not decipherable?) James Manson, Banks of Scowthall, had a child baptised called Alexander Wit: Alexander and John Malcom, both Watten (?any relation of Euphen's?)3,2
All the other infoAlexander Manson is a potential duplicate of Alexander Manson; Donald Sutherland believes his Alexander Manson (married to Isobel Charleson) is my Alexander, s/o James and Euphan but naming pattern of the children of his Alexander Manson and Isobel Charleson indicate that Alexander is probably the son of an Alexander and Margaret, rather than James and Euphan.4 Alexander Manson is a potential duplicate of Alexander Manson; the one married to Helen Charleson, as the only IGI marriage of an age and in the right parish, however the OPR marriage entry for Helen & Alexander shows Alexander to be from Bylbster, not a place generally associated with "my" Mansons.5
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
|Last Edited||1 Nov 2016|
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, extracted 1994.
- P K Bain, "EM BAIN, Pat Dunedin," e-mail to L McIntosh, MANSON/MALCOM baptisms ex LDS film 0101974 Watten Parochial Registers, Dist 42, births and marriages 1714-1756, rcvd Aug 2003.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Bap. 2 Jun 1732 Alexander s/o James MANSON, extracted 1994.
- Letter, Donald SUTHERLAND to L McIntosh (1), Jul 1994.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch M110422-?-990557, extracted Aug 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.