(say 1735 - after 1766)
|Relationship||5th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataEsther Miller was estimated to have been born say 1735 ?Cogle, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.2,3
Esther Miller married Donald Georgeson, son of Male Georgeson, on 26 Mar 1755 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, Watten OPR reads: "28 Feb 1755 matrimonially contracted Donald Georgeson in Kirk in Bower and Esther Miller in Coggill (sic) accomplished 26 Mar 1755" (the igi has conflicting dates: 26 Mar 1755 Watten and 29 Feb 1753 Bower, which is rather far apart to be banns at weekly intervals for 3 weeks! Given the Bower record is an extraction, I had assumed that was the more correct, even though there wasn't a 29th that year, but it is definitely a mistype.)2,3,1
Esther Miller was estimated to have died aft. 1766 ?Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1755 Esther Miller was living Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.2
NamesHer name was also spelt Ester.3
All the other infoEsther Miller and Helen J Miller also at Coggill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in 1755 were possibly related, ?sisters?. Their marriages were less than a mth apart, both from the same small part of Watten Parish. If so, then their respective children who later married, were cousins (James Manson to Christian Georgeson) In addition, the witness to the baptism of Esther Georgeson (dtr of Esther and Donald) was a David Manson, possibly her brother-in-law ie married to Helen. I'm guessing that their parents were John and Christian Miller.5,6 Esther Miller witnessed the baptism of William Georgeson on 9 Aug 1760 Bower, CAI, SCT; entry reads: "Will. Georgeson in Kirk had by his wife Jean Doull a child baptized and called William. Da.. .... Esther Miller and Isobel Harald in Kirk Witnesses" (Esther highly likely to be the wife of Donald GEORGESON.)7,8,9
External linksClick here to see Esther's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.10
|Donald Georgeson (say 1730 - cir. Dec 1793)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2013|
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch 7311624-1-822770 (Watten).
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar. 1755 Donald GEORGESON and Esther MILLER, extracted Nov 2003.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch M110342-?-990519 (Bower).
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2013.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Dec 2003.
- Kristine DUNDAS (37807), "EM GEORGESON/SMITH ex Kristine D," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, P/copy of Bower OPR Baptism 1766 Esther GEORGESON, rcvd Apr 2004.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Peter GORDON, "EM GEORGESONs of Watten, ex Peter GORDON, ABD," e-mail to L McIntosh, Bap. 9 Aug 1760 William s/o William GEORGESON & Jean DOULL, Bower, CAI, rcvd Nov 2000.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 9 Aug 1760 William s/o Will Georgeson (Kirk) & Jean DOULL, Bower, CAI, 34/0 0010 0086, copy d/loaded Nov 2013.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 29 Jun 1761 Isobel d/o Do. GEORGESON (Kirk) & Esther MILLER, Bower, CAI, 34/00 0010 0099, copy d/loaded Nov 2013.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batches 7306703-32-822719 (as Easter chr Bower 16 Feb 1766); FPO:448054-?-55976 (as Esther born Kirk, Bower, 16 Feb 1765); 7528705-87-884648 (as Easter GEORGETON chr Bower 16 Feb 1766), rechecked Apr 2004.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2004.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.