(say 1730 - circa December 1793)
|Father||Male Georgeson3 (say 1710 - )|
|Relationship||5th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataDonald Georgeson was estimated to have been born say 1730 ?Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.2,1
Donald Georgeson married Esther Miller on 26 Mar 1755 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, Watten OPR reads: "28 Feb 1755 matrimonially contracted Donald Georgeson in Kirk in Bower and Esther Miller in Coggill (sic) accomplished 26 Mar 1755" (the igi has conflicting dates: 26 Mar 1755 Watten and 29 Feb 1753 Bower, which is rather far apart to be banns at weekly intervals for 3 weeks! Given the Bower record is an extraction, I had assumed that was the more correct, even though there wasn't a 29th that year, but it is definitely a mistype.)4,2,1
Donald Georgeson died cir. Dec 1793 Kirk, Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.5 He was buried on 6 Dec 1793 Bower, CAI, SCT, "Donald Georgeson in Kirk."5,6
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1755 Donald Georgeson was living Kirk, Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.4
Donald Georgeson was still living Kirk, Par. of Bower, CAI, in 1762 when assumed niece Jannet d/o William GEORGESON & Jean DOULL baptized.7
All the other infoDonald Georgeson witnessed the baptism of Jannet Georgeson on 18 Apr 1762 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; entry reads: "eodem die (prev. entry 18th Apr) William Georgeson in Cogil & Jean DOULL his Spouse had a Daughter baptized named Jannet Witnesses John Doull in Cogil & Donald Georgeson in Kirk" (assumed to be William's brother, or at least some close relative given the connections between the family.)8,9,7
External linksClick here to see Donald's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.10
|Esther Miller (say 1735 - aft. 1766)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||17 Nov 2013|
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch 7311624-1-822770 (Watten).
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch M110342-?-990519 (Bower).
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2013.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar. 1755 Donald GEORGESON and Esther MILLER, extracted Nov 2003.
- Marriages Baptisms: Bower, CAI, SCT, Burials, transcr. Sep 1994.
- Kristine DUNDAS (37807), "EM GEORGESON/SMITH ex Kristine D," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Burials 1793, Bower OPR, p/copy rcvd Apr 2004.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 18 Apr 1762 Jannet d/o William GEORGESON (Cogil) & Jean DOULL, Watten, CAI, 42/00 0020 0026, copy d/loaded Nov 2013.
- Peter GORDON, "EM GEORGESONs of Watten, ex Peter GORDON, ABD," e-mail to L McIntosh, Nov 2000.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 29 Jun 1761 Isobel d/o Donald GEORGESON & Esther MILLER, Bower, CAI.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 29 Jun 1761 Isobel d/o Do. GEORGESON (Kirk) & Esther MILLER, Bower, CAI, 34/00 0010 0099, copy d/loaded Nov 2013.
- GEORGESON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batches 7306703-32-822719 (as Easter chr Bower 16 Feb 1766); FPO:448054-?-55976 (as Esther born Kirk, Bower, 16 Feb 1765); 7528705-87-884648 (as Easter GEORGETON chr Bower 16 Feb 1766), rechecked Apr 2004.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2004.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.