(4 January 1828 - 26 June 1893)
|Father||Donald Manson1,3 (Jan 1796 - bet. 1841 - 1851)|
|Mother||Isabella Sinclair MacAdie1,3 (cir. Apr 1800 - Apr 1873)|
|Relationship||2nd great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataSinclair Manson was born on 4 Jan 1828 Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.1 She was baptized on 3 Feb 1828 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; Entry reads: Watten, 3 Feb 1828, Donald Manson in Coghill & Isobel McAdie his spouse, had a dtr born 4 Jany 1828 baptized named Sinclair before the congregation.1,3
Sinclair Manson married John Bain, son of Donald Bain and Margaret Taylor, on 24 Nov 1854 Pres. Ch, Wick, CAI, SCT, death cert says Watton, CAI; IGI says Wick, CAI, SCT.4
Sinclair Bain died on 26 Jun 1893 Mornington, Dunedin, OTG, NZ, at age 65; of sudden heart failure.5 She was buried on 28 Jun 1893 Southern Cem., Dunedin, OTG, NZ.5
MigrationSinclair and John Bain arrived Dunedin, OTG, NZ, in 1875; On the same voyage of the "Invercargill" were Sinclair's brother George and his family.6
Census/Where lived/OccupationsSinclair Manson appeared on the census of 7 Jun 1841 Cogle, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in the household of Donald Manson and Bel Manson.7,8 Sinclair Manson appeared on the census of 30 Mar 1851 Gersa(y), Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in the household of Isabella Manson as daughter of Isabella.9 Sinclair Bain appeared on the census of 7 Apr 1861 as wife of John Bain Gallowhill, Wick, CAI, SCT, enumerated as BAIN: John 28 ploughman b Halkirk; Sinclair 33 b Watten; Children: Donald 6, Isabella 4, Margaret 2, Jemima 1mth, all b Wick.10,11
The census of 7 Apr 1871 showed Sinclair with her husband John, their dtrs Isabella and Jamesina at the Gallowhill, Hill of Noss, Wick Landward, CAI, SCT, household enumerated as BAIN: John 38 farm servant b Halkirk; wife Sinclair 43 b Watten; Children: Isabella 13, Jamesina 10, John 7 all b Wick; (dtr Margaret & son Donald, a 16 yr old farm servant, were at Gersay with their uncle James and grandmother Isabella Manson.)12,13
NamesSinclair Manson was also known as Sinclairina (on dtr Maggie's death cert.)14
External linksClick here to see Sinclair's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.15
|John Bain (cir. Nov 1832 - Apr 1909)|
|Charts||Descendants of my direct McADIE line|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||6 Mar 2017|
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Baptism 1828 Sinclair MANSON, transcr. Sep 1994.
- BDM: NZ Certificates, Dth 10? Oct 1915 Isabella DAVIDSON nee BAIN, Inspection copy, very faint, held, rcvd Aug 1993, scanned Aug 2008.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Birth 4 Jan, Bap 3 Feb 1828 Sinclair d/o Donald MANSON & Isobel Mc ADIE, Batch C110422 Watten, CAI, film 990557, extracted Aug 2003.
- BAIN, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 24 Nov 1854 John BAIN & Sinclair MANSON, batch M110434, Wick, CAI, extracted c 1993.
- Sinclair BAIN nee MANSON, DC BAIN, Sinclair 1893.
- BAIN family "Invercargill", Emigration, 1875 National Archives, Wgtn NZ.
- 1841 Census, CAI, SCT, Watten Dist 1 Sched 9 (Mellor index) #44, rechecked Sep/Oct 1994/5.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, From 1841 Census, Watten, rcvd Feb 1994.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, From 1851 Census, Watten, rcvd Feb 1994.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, 1861 census, rcvd c 1994.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Wick, CAI Reg. 43/2 ED 1 Sched 124, hsehold of John & Sinclair BAIN, rechecked Aug 2008.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, 1871 census, rcvd c 1994.
- 1871 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Gallowhill, Hill of Noss, Wick, CAI Reg. 43/1 ED 1 Sched 18, hsehold of John & Sinclair BAIN, rechecked Aug 2008.
- BDM: NZ Certificates, Dth 15 Apr 1893 Margaret HENDERSON nee BAIN, folio 1049, Gimmerburn, inspection copy rcvd Oct 1993, scanned Aug 2008.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- BDM: NZ Certificates, Dth 2 Jul 1918 Donald BAIN, folio 2573, Dunedin, inspection copy rcvd Noc 1993, scanned Aug 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.