(circa August 1778 - circa October 1826)
|Father||William Baty1 (cir. 1742 - cir. Nov 1810)|
|Mother||Sarah Baty (V2b2)1 (cir. 1754 - cir. Nov 1791)|
|Relationship||3rd great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJane Baty was born cir. Aug 1778 Browside, Par. of Arthuret, CUL, ENG.1 She was baptized on 30 Aug 1778 Arthuret, CUL, ENG; Baty Jane d/o Will, husbandman & Sarah his wife, of Browside.1
Jane Baty married Stephen Graham, son of Andrew Graham and Jane Graham, on 13 Aug 1805 at Arthuret, Cumberland, the brief entry for marriage #128 showing they were married by license by John James, curate, in presence of Thomas Bowman & John Beaty.2
Jane Baty died cir. Oct 1826 at Arthuret, Cumberland; assumed to have died prior to 1841 census, definitely before 1851 census and there"s a burial in 1826 which is of the right age to be Jane. The only 2 deaths in civil registration in Longtown up to 1841 are not her.3,4,5,6 She was buried on 23 Oct 1826 at Arthuret, Cumberland, aged 48 of Arthuret, assumed to be this Jane.3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Jul 1805 Jane Baty was living Hornick Hill, nr Longtown, Par. of Arthuret, CUL, ENG, or so the baptismal record of her illegitimate son with the neighbouring farmer's son tells us.7 By Apr 1810 Stephen and Jane Graham were living at Hornick Hill, nr Longtown, when son William baptized, with subsequent baptisms simply stating Longtown.8
NamesHer surname was recorded as Batty and Beattie.7
External linksJane Baty belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Stephen Graham (cir. 1774 - Dec 1856)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors (& their siblings) of Alice HENDERSON nee ANDREWS
Maternal ancestors of Lorna
Ellen TURNBULL's ancestors
|Last Edited||29 Nov 2016|
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Bap. 1778- 1790 to William & Sarah BATY of Browside then Hornick Hill, extracted Aug 1994.
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Marr. 1805 Stephen GRAHM and Jane BATY, extracted Aug 1994.
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Bur. 1826 Jane GRAHAM, of Arthuret, aged 48, pg 389, from Bridget, rcvd Feb 2007.
- 1841 CENSUS: CUL 1841, CUL, ENG, Searched Aug 1994 Arthuret Dist 1.
- 1851 Census, Longtown, CUL, ENG, Longtown, Dist of Arthuret, CUL HO107/2428 ED 5a Sched 16, hsehold of Stephen GRAHM, extracted Aug 1994, rechecked Jan 2007.
- DTH INDEX: St Caths:, Searched Apr 2003.
- PR 177/18 (& BTs) Arthuret baptisms, Baptisms: GRAHAM S/BATTY, J, Longtown, CUL, 1813 to 1835: Extracted Aug 1994, Carlisle Record Office.
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Bap. 1810 William to Stephen GRAHAM, extracted Aug 1994.
- PR 177/18 (& BTs) Arthuret baptisms, Baptisms: GRAHAM S/BATTY, J, Longtown, CUL, 1813 to 1835: Bap. 1805 Andrew to Stephen GRAHAM & Jane BATY, extracted Aug 1994, Carlisle Record Office.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Bap. 10th (and 13th) Dec 1812 Dth 28 Dec 1812 Sarah d/o Stephen GRAHAM & Jane BEATY, Arthuret, CUL, fro England Births and Christenings, batch C04299-2 film 90557, 90558, 90559, extracted Oct 2013.
- PR 177/18 (& BTs) Arthuret baptisms, Baptisms: GRAHAM S/BATTY, J, Longtown, CUL, 1813 to 1835, Carlisle Record Office.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.