(circa April 1736 - circa April 1801)
|Father||Stephen Graham (say 1705 - bet. Jun 1757 - Oct 1757); "eldest son"1,2,3|
|Mother||Abigail Rea1,2,4 (cir. Oct 1709 - aft. 1789)|
|Relationship||4th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataAndrew Graham was born cir. Apr 1736 Fauld, nr Longtown the baptism entry reading: "Andrew son of Stephen Graham of Fauld & Abigail his wife bapt" Par. of Arthuret CUL ENG.2,5
Andrew Graham married Jane Graham, daughter of Ellin Graham, on 13 Jul 1765 Kirkandrews upon Esk, CUL, ENG, the IGI has three Cumberland Andrew/Jane marriages within 20 years of 1774 (Stephen's birth), two are in the 1780s and therefore too late (Jane Graham Kirklinton, and 1785 Jane Collin at Plumbland, so my current favourite is the 1765 one at Kirkandrews upon Esk to yet another Jane Graham. The Kirkandrews-on-Esk marriage entry reads: Andrew Graham of the Parish of Arthuret and County of Cumberland, a batchelor and Jane Graham of this Parish of Kirkandrews upon Esk, Spinster were married in this church by licence 17 July 1765. Witnesses William Graham & Elizabeth Wilson her mark", which places this Andrew in the right parish. And then the Carlisle Marriage Bonds clinched the id for me: Andrew Graham of Fald, Parish of Arthuret, Husbandman Jane Graham of Lake, Parish of Kirkandrews upon Eske, Bondsman William Graham of Carlisle, Shoemaker (the Record Office adding that the Dormont Book Carlisle shows William Graham was the son of Ellin Graham of Lake, and almost certainly Jane's brother.)1,6,7,8
Andrew Graham died cir. Apr 1801 Moorhouse, Par. of Kirklinton, CUL, ENG; (no obvious will in index, the 1801 will listed is an Andrew of Newbiggin and married to a Mary.)9,10,1,11,12 He was buried on 1 May 1801 Arthuret, CUL, ENG, entry reading "Andrew Graham, Moorhouses, Kirklinton, aged 65 years."11
Census/Where lived/OccupationsBy Apr 1789 Andrew and Jane Graham were living Wabeyhole, CUL, ENG, when Craggs sold to James Nixon.4
Bef. 1804 Andrew Graham was living Moorhouse, Par. of Kirklinton, CUL, ENG, as brother Richard's will leaves a legacy to "Jane Graham widow of my brother late of Moorhouse Cumberland."9
Wills/bequestsAndrew Graham was mentioned as eldest son, but not left any legacies (I assume he got Fauld and or Craggs via separate documents) in the will of his father Stephen Graham Fauld, nr Longtown, Par. of Arthuret, CUL, ENG.3
All the other infoFr Apr 1757 - 24 Apr 1789 Andrew Graham was connected with Craggs, Bewcastle, CUL, ENG, "Andrew Graham son and heir of Stephen Graham" (From Apr 1789 to 1791 James Nixon of Flatt (Lodge) held Craggs "by a Purchase Deed of Conveyance dated 24th April 1789 from Andrew Graham of Wabeyhole, the former owner, & Abigail Graham, his mother for her interest, and John Bell of Whamstown Mortgagee.")4
|Jane Graham (say 1736 - aft. 1804)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors (& their siblings) of Alice HENDERSON nee ANDREWS
Maternal ancestors of Lorna
Ellen TURNBULL's ancestors
|Last Edited||26 Apr 2007|
- RootsChat Msge Board online at http://www.rootschat.com, Will 1810 Grimston GRAHAM of Fauld, extract posted Feb 2007 by Bridget, extracted Feb 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 1736 Andrew to Stephen & Abigail GRAHAM, batch C042991 Arthuret, CUL, extracted Feb 2007.
- Will 1757: Stephen GRAHAM (8/6/1757) Proven Oct 1 1757: Copy rcvd Apr 2007.
- Carolyn R, "EM: GRAHAM of CUL ex Carolyn," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Craigs, Bewcastle, extracted from the Manor Court Book of Nicol Forest by Mike JACKSON of the Bewcastle Heritage Society (http://www.genuki.org.uk:8080/big/eng/CUL/Bewcastle/…), rcvd Mar 2007.
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Baptisms to Stephen & Abigail GRAHAM, of Fauld, extracts rcvd from Carlisle RO, Apr 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 1765 Andrew GRAHAM & Jane GRAHAM, batch M043161, Kirk Andrews Upon Esk, CUL, extracted Feb 2007.
- Baptisms marriages burials: KirkAndrews upon Esk, CUL, ENG, Marr. 1765 Andrew GRAHAM of Arthuret & Jane GRAHAM, of Kirkandrews upon Esk, transcr. rcvd from Carlisle RO, Apr 2007, JAC1139.
- Carlisle Marriage Bonds (DRC7/4): Marr. Bond 1765 Andrew GRAHAM of Fald, Arthuret & Jane GRAHAM of Lake, Kirkandrews upon Eske, transcr. by Cumbria Research Services, rcvd Apr 2007.
- Probate 1804 Richard GRAHAM of Turnmill St, Clerkenwell, MDX, proved London, 30 Jun Probate 11/1410, copy d/loaded Apr 2007.
- Will 1808: Grimston GRAHAM (8/11/1808) W801: Copy rcvd Apr 2007.
- Delia R, "EM GRAHAMs of CUL, ex Delia R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Bur. 1801 (at Arthuret) Andrew GRAHAM, Moorhouses, Kirklinton, aged 65, from Arthuret records, extract rcvd Apr 2007.
- Delia R, "EM GRAHAMs of CUL, ex Delia R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Will 1801 Andrew GRAHAMs of Newbiggin, Par. of Kirklinton, extract rcvd Apr 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 1765 Abigail to Andrew GRAHAM, batch C043161, Kirk Andrews upon Esk, extracted Apr 2007.
- Bridget C, "EM CUL Families: Bridget C," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Bewcastle baptisms to Andrew & Jane of Craggs, rcvd Feb 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 1776 Margaret to Andrew & Jane GRAHAM, batch C057991, Kirklinton, CUL Film 6904805, extracted Feb 2007.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 1777 William to Andrew & Jane GRAHAM, batch C057991, Kirklinton, CUL Film 6904805, extracted Feb 2007.
- Baptisms marriages burials: Kirklinton, CUL, ENG, Baptisms to Andrew & Jane GRAHAM, of Astenby, extracts rcvd from Carlisle RO, Apr 2007, JAC1147.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.