(circa May 1803 - between 1847 and 1851)
|Father||James Manson (Feb 1756 - bef. 1823)|
|Mother||Christan Georgeson (bet. 1756 - 1761 - bet. 1823 - 1841)|
|Relationship||4th great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataIsobel Manson was born cir. May 1803 Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.1,2 She was baptized on 29 May 1803 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; father James shown as "in Coghill" and witnesses: Alexr Doull, Coghill, William Manson, Achoy (assumed to be brother to James as William certainly lived Achoy around that time) (Wendy has 20 May, I've 29th, need to recheck OPR.)1,3
Isobel Manson married David Henderson, son of David Henderson and Christian Stephan, on 8 Feb 1839 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, OPR entry (from Wendy) reads: "David Henderson in Freswick in the Parish of Canisbay & Isabella Manson in Coghill on this parish, were contracted in order to Marriage, after the usual proclamation of Banns for three several Sabbaths, published here in the usual place and meeting no objection offered their Marriage was Solemnized on Friday the 8th day of February 1839."4,3,5
Isobel Manson died bet. 1847 - 1851 ?Freswick, Par. of Canisbay, CAI, SCT.3,6,7 Bel was not indexed as buried Canisbay, CAI, SCT.8
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1839 Isobel Manson was living Coghill, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.11
Bel appeared on the census of 7 Jun 1841 Skirsa, Par. of Canisbay, CAI, SCT, with David Henderson, as HENDERSON: David M 45 Pilot; Bell F 38; David M 6 (assumed to be David's son from earlier marriage); James M 1; Magnus M 3m; all b CAI (NB instructions to the enumerators for this census were to round ages to the nearest multiple of 5, children tended to have their ages accurately recorded - or at least as accurate as such things can be. These instructions were not always followed.)2,12,13
NamesIsobel Manson was also known as Bell and her forename was sometimes spelt Isabella.14,11
External linksClick here to see Isobel's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.15
|David Henderson (Jan 1796 - Apr 1876)|
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
|Last Edited||13 Mar 2014|
- BAP: MANSON/GEORGESON, Watten ex OPR: Transcr. Sep 1994, 1793 +, Filed in sources folder & notebooks.
- Wendy GRAHAM (), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Wendy G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), From 1841 Census Piece: SCT 1841/35 Place: Canisbay, CAI Enum Dist: 5 Civil Parish: Canisbay Page: 9, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Wendy GRAHAM (), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Wendy G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), rcvd Aug 2003.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch M110424-?-990557 extracted Aug 2003.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth 1876 David HENDERSON, transcr. Robert McC, Sep 2003.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Watten, CAI Par. 42 ED 4 Pg 8 Sched 38, hsehold of John SMITH, extracted Jan 2007.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, SCT Highlands, searched Aug 2003.
- MIs: CAI Canisbay Vol 1 pt 1 1 pt 1 , searched Aug 2003.
- Wendy GRAHAM (), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Wendy G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), rcvd Sep 2003.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 1862 John HENDERSON, reg. Watten Dist 042 #16, copy d/loaded Jan 2007.
- Wendy GRAHAM (), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Wendy G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), From OPR Marriage entry 1839 Isabella MANSON/David HENDERSON, rcvd Aug 2003.
- Misc. corres. and web searches, CAI, SCT Two photos of Skirza Harbour, taken Dec 2000, from http://www.caithness.org/geography/harbours/skirzaharbour/…, extracted Aug 2003.
- 1841 Census, CAI, SCT, Canisbay Dist 5 Sched 9 (Mellor index) #53, extracted Aug 2003.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), HENDERSON/MANSON births, batch C110356, extracted Aug 2003.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.