(circa 1846 - 3 August 1862)
|Father||David Henderson2 (Jan 1796 - Apr 1876)|
|Mother||Isobel Manson2 (cir. May 1803 - bet. 1847 - 1851)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 4 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJohn Henderson was born cir. 1846 Canisbay, CAI, SCT.1
John Henderson died on 3 Aug 1862 Watten Loch, CAI, SCT; cert. shows John drowned "while bathing" (information from the procurator fiscal) aged 16 yrs. S/o David Henderson, fisherman, and Isabella m.s. Manson, dec. Inf. cousin John Smith of Catchery. Reg. Watten 7th Aug.3,2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJohn Henderson appeared on the census of 30 Mar 1851 Catchery, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in the household of John Smith as cousin of John Smith.4,5 John Henderson appeared on the census of 1861 Catchery, Par. of Watten, CAI, in the household of John Smith SMITH: John 42 farmer 10 ac b Watten; Aunt Christian Manson, 67 dom servant b Watten; Nephew John Henderson 14 scholar b Canisbay (I make the relationship cousins, both 1st and 2nd.)1
|Last Edited||13 Mar 2014|
- 1861 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Watten, CAI Par. 42 ED 4 Pg 8 Sched 38, hsehold of John SMITH, extracted Jan 2007.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 1862 John HENDERSON, reg. Watten Dist 042 #16, copy d/loaded Jan 2007.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Watten, CAI Par. 42 ED 4 Pg 8 Sched 38, hsehold of John SMITH, extracted Jan 2007.
- CENSUS: CAI, SCT 1851 HFHS Index Watten & Thurso, Volume 22 Enum Dist 1 p12 extracted Sep 2003.
- 1851 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Watten, CAI Par. 42 ED 1 Pg 12 Sched 36, hsehold of John SMITH, extracted Jan 2007.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.