(before 1775 - between 1806 and 1827)
|Relationship||4th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataIsobella McDonald was estimated to have been born bef. 1775 ?Halkirk, CAI, SCT.
Isobella McDonald married William Taylor, son of William Taylor and Isabella Finlayson, on 4 Aug 1795 Halkirk, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, William in Achavarn & Bell in Gerston.2
Isobella McDonald was assumed to have died bet. 1806 - 1827 prob. Halkirk, Caithness.3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Aug 1795 Bell McDonald was living Gerston, Halkirk, CAI, SCT.2 Fr Jul 1806 - Nov 1827 Isobella McDonald and William Taylor were living Gerston, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, according to the baptisms and marriages of some of their children.4,5
NamesIsobella McDonald was also known as Bell.
|William Taylor (Oct 1772 - Feb 1860)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||22 Aug 2008|
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
- Births christenings marriages: Halkirk, CAI, SCT, Mar. 1795 Bell McDonald and William TAYLOR, transcr. Sep/Oct 1994.
- 1851 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Halkirk, CAI Reg. 37 ED 3 Pg 12 Sched 39, hsehold of William & Jannet TAYLOR, extracted Apr 2007.
- Births christenings marriages: Halkirk, CAI, SCT, Mar. 1827 Janet GRAY to William TAYLOR, transcr. Sep/Oct 1994.
- Births christenings marriages: Halkirk, CAI, SCT, Bap. 1806 Williamina TAYLOR, transcr. Sep/Oct 1994.
- Letter, Alastair CORMACK to L McIntosh, Dth Cert 1879 Isabella GUNN nee TAYLOR trans. Alastair C recvd Jul 2002.
- BDM: CAI, 1861 Film 224395, Dth 1861 Margaret BAIN nee TAYLOR, p/copy held, taken Apr 1994.
- TAYLOR, International Genealogical Index (IGI), TAYLOR/McDONALD: Batch C110402-?-990554, rechecked Jul 2004.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth cert 1878 Christina TAYLOR, transcr. Robert McC, Sep 2003.
- 1861 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Sibster & Banniskirk, Halkirk, CAI Reg. 37 ED 4 Pg 2 Sched 6, hsehold of Donald TAYLOR, extracted Apr 2007.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.