(circa 1804 - 29 September 1878)
|Father||William Taylor1,2,3 (Oct 1772 - Feb 1860)|
|Mother||Isobella McDonald (bef. 1775 - bet. 1806 - 1827); even though my information is that Christina's dth cert shows her parents as William Taylor and Isabella Finlayson, I believe that they're really William's son William and his first wife Isabella McDonald, this theory being reinforced by the inf. on the dth cert being a Donald Taylor, relationship brother and ditto 1851 and 1861 census, the gap in the children of William and the younger Isabella, and the age of the older Isabella would almost preclude her being Christina's Mum1,3,2|
|Relationship||4th great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataChristina Taylor was born cir. 1804 Par. of Reay, CAI, SCT, (1871 census provided place, dth cert the year, although most other records imply Halkirk c 1806.)1,4,5 She and George McDonald were assumed not to be married as dtr Margaret's dth cert doesn't show Christina as m.s. Taylor, just as TAYLOR. George was shown as a merchant, and Christina as a house maid.6
Christina Taylor died on 29 Sep 1878 Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT; Cert reads: single & pauper, formerly house-maid; d/o William Taylor farmer (dec) & Isabella Finlayson (dec) died September 29, 1878 at Sibster: age 74: CoD - cancer of breast (15 years ?): signed Donald Taylor, brother (I initially assumed this really meant nephew as her brother Donald had died in 1861. But then I found 1851 and 1861 census records which showed Christina as the younger Donald's sister, not aunt. So I now believe that the dth cert is wrong, and should be William Taylor and Isabella McDonald instead, which would make it all fit.)4,1,3,2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsChristina Taylor appeared on the census of 1841 Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, in the household of William Taylor and Janet Taylor and is assumed to be a dtr.7 Christina Taylor appeared on the census of 1851 at the Burn of Halkirk, Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, in the household of William Taylor and Janet Taylor as daughter of William.2 Christina Taylor appeared on the census of 1861 Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, in the household of Donald Taylor as sister of Donald.3 Christina Taylor appeared on the census of 1871 Sibster Twp, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, as aunt of Donald Taylor.5
|George McDonald (say 1800 - bet. 1830 - 1859)|
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
|Last Edited||1 Apr 2009|
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth cert 1878 Christina TAYLOR, transcr. Robert McC, Sep 2003.
- 1851 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Halkirk, CAI Reg. 37 ED 3 Pg 12 Sched 39, hsehold of William & Jannet TAYLOR, extracted Apr 2007.
- 1861 Census (images for ENG, transcriptions for SCT), UK, via Ancestry.com, Sibster & Banniskirk, Halkirk, CAI Reg. 37 ED 4 Pg 2 Sched 6, hsehold of Donald TAYLOR, extracted Apr 2007.
- Letter, Gillian G to Lorna Henderson, Mar 1994.
- 1871 Census, CAI, SCT, Halkirk, CAI Par. 37 ED 4 Pg 1 Sched 1 hsehold of Donald & Margaret CAMPBELL, extracted pre 2003.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 26 Sep 1859 Margaret McDONALD, reg. Halkirk, CAI Dist 037 Pg 9 #27, copy d/loaded Mar 2009.
- FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, SCT1841/37 Halkirk, CAI ED 6 Pg 7, hsehold of William & Janet TAYLOR, extracted Mar 2009.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.