(say 1750 - between 1794 and 1855)
|Father||?John? Donaldson1 (say 1720 - )|
|Mother||?Janet? UnknownSurname (say 1720 - )|
|Relationship||4th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJanet Donaldson was estimated to have been born say 1750 prob. at ?Hounam, ROX, SCT, (from age of eldest known child.)
Janet Donaldson married Peter Sinton, son of James Sinton and ?Margaret? UnknownSurname, say 1772 prob. in ?Southdean, ROX, SCT, (from age of eldest known child.)1
Janet Donaldson was estimated to have died bet. 1794 - 1855 ?Hounam, ROX, According to son Peter's death cert, Janet was still alive 1866 (she would be approx 110!), but given as deceased on dtr Janet's in 1855.1,2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsBy 1773 Janet Sinton and Peter Sinton were living Southdean Mill, Par. of Southdean, ROX, SCT, (bap. of son James.)3
All the other infoJanet Donaldson and John Donaldson were possibly related (they are likely to be of an age to be aunt/nephew, and there must be some Southdean connection with John's family as son John baptised his son in Southdean, even though he was living in Ancrum.4
External linksClick here to see Janet's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.5
|Peter Sinton (say 1750 - cir. Oct 1811)|
My pedigree chart
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||9 Mar 2020|
- Peter SINTON (7782), DC Sinton, Peter 1866 Hounam, ROX, p/copy rcvd Sep 1994.
- Graham MAXWELL, "EM Borders: ex Graham M," e-mail to L Henderson(1), Dth 1877 Cecilia THOMSON nee SINTON, transcr. Graham, rcvd Feb 2004.
- BDM: Southdean & Abbotrule: Parish #806, Bap. 28 Mar 1773 James s/o Patrick SINTON in Southdean Mill, copy d/loaded (same page as brother John, and at least one cousin) Nov 2008.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Feb 2009.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Donaldson-297, uploaded Ovt 2011.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Death cert. James SINTON 1855 trans. Stuart H. May 2002.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Death cert. Thomas SINTON 1861 trans. Stuart H. May 2002.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Death Janet MATHER nee SINTON trans. L McIntosh 1994/5.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 24 May 1869 Margaret ROBSON nee SINTON, Jedburgh, ROX Dist 792 pg 17 #51, copy d/loaded Feb 2009.
- Rita RIDDELL, "EM SINTON/ROBSON ex Bruce and Rita R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 18 Aug 1869 Isabella ROBSON nee SINTON, extract rcvd Jan 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.