(circa 1792 - 18 August 1869)
|Father||Peter Sinton1 (say 1750 - cir. Oct 1811)|
|Mother||Janet Donaldson1 (say 1750 - bet. 1794 - 1855)|
|Relationship||4th great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataIsabella Sinton was born cir. 1792 Cavers?, ROX, SCT, From census data Isabella shows her birthplace as either Cavers (1861) or Jedburgh (1851)
Her siblings show as born Southdean or Abbotrule.1,2,3
Isabella Sinton married Richard Robson, son of Thomas Robson and Margaret Pertis, say 1818.1
Isabella Robson died on 18 Aug 1869 Maisondieu, Par. of Jedburgh, ROX, SCT; cert. shows Isabella ROBSON as 77 married to Richard ROBSON, carter; d/o Peter SINTON cattle dealer & Janet m.s. DONALDSON, both dec'd; d. 7am of apoplexy 4 days duration; Inf. son Thomas ROBSON, present; Reg. 18th Aug.1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIsabella Robson and Richard Robson appeared on the census of 1841 Pleasants, Par. of Jedburgh, ROX, SCT, and are assumed to be husband and wife. They were enumerated as ROBSON: Richard 45 ; Isbell (indexed on ancestry as Jobell) 40 ; Assumed children: Thomas 15, Jessie 15, Isbell 10, Richard 6, Cecilia 4 Also Isabella TURNBULL 10.5 Isabella Robson appeared on the census of 1851 as wife of Richard Robson Queen St (17), Jedburgh, ROX, SCT, enumerated as ROBSON: Richard 63 carter; wife Isabell 58 both b Jedbro ROX; Children: Thomas 23 labourer, Isabella 21 servant, Cecila 15 scholar all b Jedbro, ROX; Grdson Adam ARMSTRONG 5mths b Jedbro (yet to be identified).3
The census of 1861 showed Isabella with her husband Richard, their dtrs Isabella and Cecila Friars Maisondieu, Par. of Jedburgh, ROX, SCT, household enumerated as ROBSON: Richard carter b Jedburgh; wife Isabella 70 b "Calders" ?Cavers?, ROX; Children: Thomas 43 carrier (transcr. on ancestry as canner), Isabella 32, Cecila, both carter's dtrs b Jedburgh; Grdson Thomas R ARMSTRONG 10 scholar b Jedburgh; Grdchildren (BUCKHOLM): Mary 6 scholar John 1 both b Jedburgh.2
All the other infoIsabella Sinton and Isabella Turnbull in 1841 were possibly related Isabella SINTON's dtr married a Turnbull, but the Isabella Turnbull with them in 1841 is aged 10, so cannot be a child of Jessie's. Perhaps a relation of Jessie's future husband Thomas?4 Isabella Sinton and Adam Armstrong are related grdmother/grdson, but which dtr? Cecilia didn't seem to marry an Armstrong, seemingly remaining single. The other two dtrs I know about married others. Perhaps there are some more children to be found for Richard and Isabella? Or possibly Adam is dtr Isabella's first illegitimate child, given that Mary (Buckholm) is stated to be her 2nd child.3,4
Isabella Sinton and Thomas R Armstrong are related grdmother/grdson - same comments as for Adam above.2,4
|Richard Robson (1787 - Aug 1875)|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2016|
- Rita RIDDELL, "EM SINTON/ROBSON ex Bruce and Rita R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 18 Aug 1869 Isabella ROBSON nee SINTON, extract rcvd Jan 2008.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Jedburgh, ROX Reg. 792 ED 6 Pg 7 Sched 34, hsehold of Richard & Isabella ROBSON, extracted Jan 2008.
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Jedburgh, ROX Par 792 ED 4 Pg 6 Sched 27, hsehold of Richard & Isabella ROBSON, extracted Jan 2008.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jan 2008.
- 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Jedburgh, ROX Par. 792 ED 6, hsehold of Richard & Isbell ROBSON, extracted Jan 2008.
- Rita RIDDELL, "EM SINTON/ROBSON ex Bruce and Rita R," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Rcvd Jan 2008.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 18 Jul 1889 Jessie TURNBULL nee ROBSON, reg. Jedburgh, ROX Dist 792Pg 15 #43, copy d/loaded Feb 2009.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 6 Nov 1862 John HILSON & Isabella ROBSON, reg. Kelso, ROX Dist 793 Pg 12 #24, copy d/loaded Jan 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.