(circa April 1760 - after 1826)
|Father||George MacAdie (say 1730 - aft. 1760); (relationship assumed from naming pattern of children, location and age)2|
|Mother||Margaret Cottar (Jun 1725 - aft. 1760); relationship assumed purely on basis of location, age and naming pattern of Robert & Margaret's children2|
|Relationship||4th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataRobert MacAdie was born cir. Apr 1760 Scarmclate, Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT.2 He was baptized on 12 Apr 1760 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; entry reads: George McAdie in ?Scarmclet? had a son procreated betwixt him and Margaret Cottar his spouse, baptized called Robert before wit: William Calder Tails of Watten and Robert ?Harrch/Levach? in Scarmclet (this assumes identification of the correct Robert, but is highly likely from naming pattern of Robert and Mgt's children.)2
Robert MacAdie married Margaret Sinclair, daughter of William Sinclair and Katherine McKonlay, say 1795 ?Watten, CAI, SCT, did they move to Wick or are the last 3 children another family? No marriage obvious on indices at New Register House 1770-1819, nor in Watten OPR (from ? to 1797.)3,4
Robert MacAdie died aft. 1826 ?Mireland Orn, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT.5,6
Census/Where lived/OccupationsRobert MacAdie lived fr 1798 - 1803 Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.7
By Aug 1805 Robert MacAdie was living Mireland Orn, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT, when son William baptised (still there 1808 when Robert came along.)6,8 He lived in Dec 1826 Mireland, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT.9
NamesRobert MacAdie was also known as MacAdy also: McAdie, MacKady, McKady.
All the other infoRobert MacAdie witnessed the baptism of George MacAddie on 1 Dec 1789 Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT; entry reads: MacADDIE Donald in Bilbster had by his wife Katherine McKAIN a child baptizd named George Witt George FINDLAYSON and Robt McADDIE in the parish of Watten.10
External linksClick here to see Robert's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.11
Robert MacAdie belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Margaret Sinclair (cir. Jul 1768 - bef. 1841)|
|Charts||Descendants of my direct McADIE line|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2016|
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap. 12 Apr 1760 Robert s/o George McADIE & Margaret COTTAR, in Scarmclet, extracted Nov 2003.
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, McADIE/SINCLAIR marriage, searched Nov 2003.
- Isabella MANSON nee McADIE (2525), DC MANSON, Isabella (McADIE) 1873 Watten.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 16 Aug 1805 William s/o Robert MacKADY & Margt SINCLAIR of Mireland Orn, copy d/loaded Jul 2009.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, baptism.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 26 May 1808 Robert s/o Rob MacADY & Margt SINCLAIR Mireland Orn, Par. of Wick, copy d/loaded Jul 2009.
- Marriages: Wick, CAI, SCT, Mar. entry 1826 Donald MANSON/Isabella McADIE, trans. L McIntosh Sep/Oct 1994/5 (1820-54), Dist 043.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 1 Dec 1789 George s/o Donald MacADDIE & Katherine McKAIN in Bilbster, Wick, CAI, 043/00 0030 0079, copy d/loaded Jun 2016.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Jun 2013.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1796 Katharen McADIE, extracted Sep/Oct 1994/5.
- Ian AITCHISON, "EM CAI families ex AITCHISON," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Nov 2000.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth 1865 Margaret ROSIE nee MacADIE trans. Robert B Oct 2002.
- Marriages: Wick, CAI, SCT, Mar. entry 1826 Donald MANSON/Isabella McADIE, trans. L McIntosh Sep 1994 (1820-54), Dist 043.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, FHL Film 0203403 GRO Ref Volume 043 EnumDist 4 Page 14 via nephew Robert ROSIE.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth 1883 George MACADIE, trans. Stuart H July 2001.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 1865 Margaret ROSIE nee McADIE, Dist 043/1 #134, copy d/loaded May 2006.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.