(1 June 1725 - after 1760)
|Father||Robert Cottar1 (bef. 1689 - bet. Sep 1724 - Jun 1725)|
|Mother||Katherin Calder (bef. 1689 - )|
|Relationship||5th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataMargaret Cottar was baptized on 1 Jun 1725 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; “…the deceased Robert Cottar lately of Scarmclate had a child baptized called Margaret Witnesses were John Cotter ?Bylbster? and Robert Cotter in Flex”.2,1
Margaret Cottar married George MacAdie on 30 Dec 1756 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, entry reads: [8th?] Dec 1756 George McAdie in Scarmclait, and Margaret Cottar in Flex were contracted in order to marriage and after ordinary proclamations and no objections offered their marriage was solemnized Dec 30 1756.3
Margaret Cottar died aft. 1760 ?Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Dec 1756 Margaret Cottar was living Flex, Watten, CAI, SCT.4
By Jan 1758 Margaret Cottar and George MacAdie were living Scarmclate, Par. of Bower, CAI, SCT, and in Apr 1760 when their next known child was baptized.5
All the other infoThere are two Margaret Cottar/Cotter's of the right timeframe, this Margaret bap 1725, d/o Robert Cottar and Katherin Calder, of Scarmclate, and Margaret, twin of Elspet, bap 1731, d/o Robert Cotter in Flex. I've assumed that "my" Margaret is the 1725 one purely from the naming pattern of her children. Given that her father had died before she was born, and that the Flex Robert Cotter stood witness at her baptism, there is likely to be a connection between the families. Perhaps Margaret was brought up in Flex?6
External linksClick here to see Margaret's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.7
|George MacAdie (say 1730 - aft. 1760)|
|Charts||Descendants of my direct McADIE line|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
My Caithness ancestors
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2016|
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap. 1725 Margaret COTTAR, extracted Nov 2003.
- Letter, Carole MELLOR to Lorna Henderson, Feb 1994.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Marr. Dec 1756 George McADIE and Margaret COTTAR, rechecked Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar 1756 George McADIE and Margaret COTTAR, rechecked Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1758 Donald McADIE, extracted Nov 2003.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2003.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Jun 2013.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap. 12 Apr 1760 Robert s/o George McADIE & Margaret COTTAR, in Scarmclet, extracted Nov 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.