(circa August 1805 - )
|Father||Robert MacAdie2,1 (cir. Apr 1760 - aft. 1826)|
|Mother||Margaret Sinclair2,1 (cir. Jul 1768 - bef. 1841)|
|Relationship||4th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam MacAdie was born cir. Aug 1805 Mireland Orn, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT.3 He was baptized on 16 Aug 1805 Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT; entry reads: MacKADY Robert in Mireland Orn had a Child by his wife Margt Sinclair baptised William Wit: David Swanson & George MacAllan there.2,1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsWilliam MacAdie lived in 1826 Mireland, Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT, (assumes that this is the William that "stood for the woman" at sister Isabella's marriage.)4
NamesWilliam MacAdie was also known as MacKady.
All the other infoWilliam MacAdie and Elisabeth Manson were associated on 4 Nov 1825 Wick, CAI, SCT; "The session constituted Wick 4th November 1825 The Session met and constituted.
William MacAdie in Mirelandorn, an unmarried man compeared, who is accused as the Father of the Child with which Elisabeth Manson in Kirk, in the Parish of Bower is now pregnant. The said Wm MacAdie after being seriously exhorted to speak the truth, denied all guilt with the said Elisabeth Manson. In order that they may be confronted together, the Session of Wick summoned Wm MacAdie apud acta* to attend the first Meeting of the Session of Bower, and the Clerk is appointed to send an Extract of this Minute to the Session of Bower
* refers to appeals taken orally in the presence of the judge in Roman law.5 William MacAdie witnessed the marriage of Donald Manson and Isabella Sinclair MacAdie on 1 Dec 1826 Par. of Wick, CAI, SCT.6,7,8
|Elizabeth Manson (cir. 1805 - Mar 1892)|
|Charts||Descendants of my direct McADIE line|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||2 Jul 2022|
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 16 Aug 1805 William s/o Robert MacKADY & Margt SINCLAIR of Mireland Orn, Wick, CAI, 043/ 30 237, copy d/loaded Jul 2009.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 16 Aug 1805 William s/o Robert MacKADY & Margt SINCLAIR of Mireland Orn, copy d/loaded Jul 2009.
- Marriages: Wick, CAI, SCT, Mar. entry 1826 Donald MANSON/Isabella McADIE, trans. L McIntosh Sep/Oct 1994/5 (1820-54), Dist 043.
- Kirk Sessions online at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 4 Nov 1825 William MacAdie, Mirelandorn, "an unmarried man", Elisabeth Manson, Kirk, Par. of Bower from Wick Kirk session, Minutes (1816-1842), CH2/821/5, image pp135 & 136, extracted Sep 2021.
- Marriages: Wick, CAI, SCT, Marr. entry 1826 Donald MANSON/Isabella McADIE, trans. L McIntosh Sep 1994 (1820-54), Dist 043.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch M110424-?-990557, extracted Aug 2003.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 1 Dec 1826 Donald MANSON (Coghill) & Isobel MacKADIE (Mirelandorn), Watten, CAI, 042/00 0030 0118, copy d/loaded Apr 2015.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Birth 4 Jan Bap. 21 May 1826 Sinclair MacADIE or MANSON, s/o William MacADIE (Myrelandhorn, Wick) & Elisabeth MANSON (Kirk, Bower), Bower, CAI, 034/ 20 20, copy d/loaded Sep 2021.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.