(circa August 1774 - 5 October 1847)
|Father||Joseph Rowe1 (cir. Jan 1749 - cir. Oct 1811)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Cross1 (1747 - Nov 1844)|
|Relationship||4th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJoseph Rowe was born cir. Aug 1774 Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG.2 He was baptized on 2 Aug 1774 Buckland Monachorum, DEV; entry reads: "John & Joseph sons of Joseph Rowe & Elizabeth his wife" (alternate information was 21st April, but there are no baptisms for April, and the entry clearly reads August 2.)3,4,2
Joseph Rowe married Elizabeth Blake, daughter of Male ?David Blake, on 13 Jan 1819 Plympton St Mary, DEV, ENG, other info, also from Pat, has 12th Jan. Witnessed by Hannah Rowe and Fauche (?) Pollard.1,5,6
Joseph Rowe died on 5 Oct 1847 St Budeaux, Dist of Plympton St Mary, DEV, ENG.7,6 He was buried on 9 Oct 1847 St Mary's, Bickleigh, DEV, ENG, indexed as "Joseph Rowe 73 of St Budeaux" H/stone hard to fully decipher, but believed to read: Sacred to the memory of Joseph Rowe who died the ?th of Oct 184? aged 73 years" (next to a broken h/stone, then his brother Matthias and mother Elizabeth.)8,9
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJoseph Rowe and Elizabeth Rowe appeared on the census of 1841 Challonsleigh, Bickleigh, Dist of Plympton, DEV, ENG, and are assumed to be husband and wife. They were enumerated as ROWE (all b cty): Joseph 65 farmer; Elizabeth 55; Elizabeth 15; Joseph 15: THOMSON (not b cty): Sarah 25 ind; Fanny 3; William 1 (Sarah being Elizabeth's niece on the Blake side, and Fanny and William her children.)10,11
Wills/bequestsJoseph Rowe was named as an executor of the will of Matthias Rowe on 13 Feb 1835 described as a yeoman of Plympton St Mary (another Joseph was presumably the witness to the will.)12
External linksClick here to see Joseph's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.13
|Elizabeth Blake (cir. 1786 - aft. 1861)|
|Charts||ROWE descendant chart|
|Last Edited||15 Jun 2014|
- Communication, Marion MORRIS nee JURY (915), F'Tree Joseph ROWE/Elizabeth CROSS, rcvd Dec 1999.
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Bap. 2 Aug 1774 John & Joseph sons of Joseph & Elizabeth ROWE, Buckland Monachorum, rechecked Jun 2014.
- Jean PRITCHARD (38728), "EM BROOKING/BARTLETT ex Jean P," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Bap. 21 Apr 1774 John & Joseph s/o Joseph & Elizabeth ROWE, from Buckland Baptisms, rcvd Nov 2004.
- Pat Nichols nee Baker, "FTREE: ROWE, JosephCROSS, Elizabeth", Bap. 2 Aug 1774 Joseph ROWE, from F'tree Joseph ROWE descendants, rcvd Feb 2000.
- Pat Nichols nee Baker, "FTREE: ROWE, JosephCROSS, Elizabeth", F'tree Joseph ROWE descendants, rcvd Feb 2000.
- Brenda ROWE, "EM ROWE family ex Brenda ROWE nee RIDDLE," e-mail to L Henderson (1), F' tree Joseph ROWE descendants, rcvd May 2000.
- Www FreeBMD ENG online at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Dth 1847 Joseph ROWE, reg. Plympton St M Dec qtr 9/241, extracted Sep 2006.
- Jean PRITCHARD (38728), "EM BROOKING/BARTLETT ex Jean P," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Bickleigh Burials, rcvd Nov 2004.
- Various, interviews / personal knowledge , Visit to St Mary's churchyard, Bickleigh (Plymouth), DEV, Aug 2006.
- Val Symis (30421), "EM DAWE/TAYLOR ex Val SYMIS," e-mail to L Henderson (1), 1841 Challonsleigh, Plympton, DEV: Family of Joseph and Elizabeth ROWE, extract from GenUKi transcript, then copy rcvd Feb 2006.
- Miscellaneous ROWE www & corres. 1841 Census: Challonsleigh, Plympton St Mary, DEV HO107/238/6-11 ED 4 Folio 8 Pg 10 (from transcript on GenUKi): Family of Joseph and Elizabeth ROWE, extracted Feb 2006.
- Jean PRITCHARD (38728), "EM BROOKING/BARTLETT ex Jean P," e-mail to L Henderson (1), P/copy of 1835 will (probated) of Matthias ROWE of Bickleigh, rcvd (Oct?) 2004.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.