(say 1685 - after 1743)
|Relationship||6th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Wight was born say 1685 ?Midlem, Par. of Bowden, ROX, SCT.1,2
James Wight married Margaret Houd on 18 Mar 1712 Bowden, ROX, SCT, 'both in this paroch.2'
James Wight died aft. 1743 ?Midlem, Par. of Bowden, ROX.1
All the other infoJames Wight and James Wight Midlem, Par. of Bowden, ROX, SCT, say 1685 were possibly related, The James married to Jennet Sword was my original "pick" for James the cautioner, and father of the bridegroom when his son James married Isobel Wood, but subsequent digging has led me to reject this id. However, they all lived in Midem, and are all probably related!3
On 26 Nov 1743 Maxton, ROX, SCT, James Wight was the cautioner for his son James at his marriage to Isobel Wood.1,4
External linksClick here to see James's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.5
|Margaret Houd (say 1690 - )|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||27 Feb 2014|
- H D W (15319), "Borders Corres. ex H D W," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Marr. 1743 James WIGHT Isobel WOOD, from Maxton Proclamations 1722+, rcvd Oct 2003.
- Cash book and Kirk Sessions Baptisms: Bowden, ROX, SCT, Extracted Jul 2003 , Film 1067932.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2009.
- Letter, Margaret Steele (16256) to Lorna Henderson, From tree drawn Aug 1984 by Harry D WATSON, Linlithgow, WLN (now of Edinburgh), rcvd Sep 1997.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 2 Jul 1721 James s/o James WIGHT & Margaret HOUD, in Midlem, Bowden OPR Par. 783/0010 0077, copy d/loaded Apr 2009.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.