(circa July 1721 - after 1743)
|Father||James Wight2,1,3 (say 1685 - aft. 1743)|
|Mother||Margaret Houd (say 1690 - ); relationship assumed as this is the "best fit" marriage of a James of an age to be the father/cautioner of son James marrying Isobel Wood in 1743 in Maxton1,2,3,4|
|Relationship||5th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Wight was born cir. Jul 1721 Midlam, Par. of Bowden, ROX, SCT.2 He was baptized on 2 Jul 1721 Bowden, ROX, SCT; Entry for Jul 2th (sic) James Wight in Midlam and Margaret Houd his wife on (sic) named James (same day: John Wight in Midlem and Jennet Wood his wife had a child baptised before ye congregation called George.)1,2
James Wight married Isobel Wood, daughter of William Wode and Cristian Thomson, on 26 Nov 1743 Maxton, ROX, SCT, Entry reads: James Wight and Isobel Wood both in this parish were married on November 26th 1743. James Wight in the parish of Bowden, the bridegroom's father, was cautioner for his son; William Thomson in the parish of Maxton for his niece, the bride.3,5
James Wight died aft. 1743 ?Maxton, ROX, SCT.
|Isobel Wood (say 1721 - )|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||4 May 2018|
- Cash book and Kirk Sessions Baptisms: Bowden, ROX, SCT, Extracted Jul 2003 , Film 1067932.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 2 Jul 1721 James s/o James WIGHT & Margaret HOUD, in Midlem, Bowden OPR Par. 783/0010 0077, copy d/loaded Apr 2009.
- H D W (15319), "Borders Corres. ex H D W," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Marr. 1743 James WIGHT Isobel WOOD, from Maxton Proclamations 1722+, rcvd Oct 2003.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2009.
- Letter, Margaret Steele (16256) to Lorna Henderson, From tree drawn Aug 1984 by Harry D WATSON, Linlithgow, WLN (now of Edinburgh), rcvd Sep 1997.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.