(say 1685 - )
|Father||James Sword2 (say 1660 - bet. 1680 - 1709)|
BMDB dataJennet Sword was born say 1685 ?Schaw, SEL, SCT.2
Jennet Sword married James Wight on 9 Jun 1709 Selkirk, SEL, SCT, entry for May 12th reads: James Wight ?servitor? to Robert Wight Tenant in Greenhead and Jennat Sword daughter to the deceast James Sword Tenant in Schaw gave up their names to be ?given? contracted and married the ninth day of June 1709 years. Cautioner for the man William Thorbrand Moshouse in Midlem and for the woman William Hawkins(?) Tenant in Schaw.3,4,2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Jun 1709 Jennet was living Schaw, SEL, SCT, (or at least that is the implication from her marriage entry.)2
All the other info(Greenhead and Schaw look like neighbouring farms, with Midlem less than 5km away.)5
|James Wight (say 1685 - aft. 1727)|
|Last Edited||17 Mar 2014|
- Cash book and Kirk Sessions Baptisms: Bowden, ROX, SCT, Birth 12 Nov Bap. 19 Nov 1727 James s/o James WIGHT & Jenet SWORD, Midlim, Bowden , Film 1067932.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 9 Jun 1709 James WIGHT & Jennat SWORD, Selkirk, SEL Par. 778/000 0010 0219, copy d/loaded Mar 2009.
- WIGHT, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Cash book and Kirk Sessions Baptisms: Bowden, ROX, SCT, Birth 12 Nov Bap. 19 Nov 1727 James s/o James WIGHT & Jenet SWORD, Midlim, Bowden, extracted Jul 2001 , Film 1067932.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2009.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.