(circa August 1787 - June 1856)
|Father||Joseph Dawe1 (cir. Jun 1740 - Feb 1793)|
|Mother||Ann Mildren1 (Feb 1748 - Sep 1819)|
BMDB dataSampson Dawe was born cir. Aug 1787 Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG.2,3 He was baptized on 15 Aug 1787 Par. of Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG; Sampson Son of Joseph DAWE & Ann his wife.1
Sampson Dawe married Female UnknownSurname bet. 1810 - 1841 ?DEV, ENG.2
Sampson Dawe died in Jun 1856 Newton Ferrers, DEV, ENG; age fits, and Revelstoke is sub Dist Yealmpton.3,4 He was buried on 19 Jun 1856 Yealmpton, DEV, ENG, aged 68, of Newton Ferrers.3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsSampson Dawe appeared on the census of 1841 Worswell Farm, Revelstoke, Dist of Plympton St Mary, DEV, ENG, in the household of William Willcocks and Ann Dawe.6 Sampson Dawe appeared on the census of 1851 Revelstoke, Dist of Plympton St Mary, DEV, in the household of John Crossman Willcocks.2
Wills/bequestsAnn, Agness, Elizabeth, Mary, Joseph, John, Henry and Sampson were beneficiaries in the 9 Jan 1793 will of their father Joseph Dawe Par. of Buckland Monachorum, DEV, ENG.7
NamesSampson Dawe was also known as Samson Dawe.3
All the other infoSampson Dawe was considered as a potential duplicate of Sampson Dawe, but this has been discounted; One a tanner, married to Grace Freeman HAWKINS and with her in 1841, the other a gardener, widower, uncle of John Crossman WILLCOCKS in 1851 and with John's mother Ann nee DAWE, dtr of Joseph & Ann (MILDREN) DAWE in 1841.8
Sampson Dawe was considered as a potential duplicate of Sampson Dawe, but this has been discounted; One the son of Joseph & Ann (MILDREN) DAWE, the other married to Hannah CARWITHEN, yeoman of Netherton, Buckland Monachorum - but unless a sister Ann marr. to William WILLCOCKS can be found for the Netherton chap, Joseph and Ann's son Sampson is accounted for.9 Sampson Dawe and William Dawe in 1834 were possibly related, ?father/son? Sampson shown as a widower in 1851, and in 1841 there's a William of an age to be a son with him - but none of the baptisms currently on fmp for Devon around this time have father Sampson.5
Sampson Dawe was considered as a potential duplicate of Sampson Dawe, but this has been discounted; one of two Sampsons born Buckland Monachorum c 1787/8/9, but the Sampson s/o Sampson and Mary is not (yet) known to have a sister Ann.5 He and John Crossman Willcocks are related uncle/nephew.2
|Charts||Sampson & Joan (BLANCHARD) DAWE of Buckland Monachorum, (DEV)|
|Last Edited||9 Dec 2012|
- Births marriages burials: DEV, ENG, Bap. 1787 Sampson to Joseph & Ann DAWE, from Buckland Monachorum baptisms, extracted Nov 2006.
- 1851 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Revelstoke, Sub Dist Yealmpton, Dist of Plympton St Mary, DEV HO107/1877 ED 2 Sched 4 hsehold of John C WILLCOCKS, extracted Nov 2006.
- Findmypast online at http://www.findmypast.com, Bur. 19 Jun 1856 Samson DAWE, aged 68 of Newton Ferrers, bur. Yealmpton, from Plymouth & West Devon Record Office Collection, extracted from image Oct 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Oct 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2006, updated Dec 2012.
- 1841 Census images, England & Wales, via Ancestry.com, Revelstoke, Sub Dist Yealmpton, Dist of Plympton St Mary, DEV HO107/239/1 ED 22 Folio 4 Pg 2/3 hsehold of William & Ann WILLCOCK, extracted Nov 2006.
- National Archives UK online at http://www.documentsonline.nationalarchives.gov.uk/, Will 9 Jan Proved 13 Mar 1793 Joseph DAWE Buckland Monachorum, DEV from Will Registers. Collection: Records of the Prerogative Court of Canterbury Date range: 13 March 1793 - 13 March 1793 Reference: PROB 11/1229/259, copy rcvd Oct 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2006, updated Oct 2012.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.