(25 March 1853 - 10 March 1938)
BMDB dataMargaret Wallace was born on 25 Mar 1853 in IRL.1,2,3
Margaret Wallace married James Henderson, son of David Henderson and Isobel Manson, on 14 Nov 1873 Port Perry, Reach Twp, ONT, CAN.1
Margaret Wallace died on 10 Mar 1938 2304 Oxford St, Vancouver, BRC, CAN, at age 84.1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJames and Margaret Henderson appeared on the census of 1881 Springfield, Selkirk Co., MAN, CAN, as HENDERSON: James, 38, b SCT C Presb; Margaret, 28, b Ireland C of E; Mary, 6 b ONT; Isabella, 3 b ONT both C Presby.2
Margaret Wallace appeared on the census of 1891 W 1 1/2 / 7, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, BRC, CAN, with James Henderson, enumerated as HENDERSON: James 48 b SCT F/M b SCT section foreman; wife Margaret 37 b Ireland, F/M b SCT (I think. dittos); Children: Mary 16, Ella 13, both b ONT; Edith 7, Bessie 5 both b MAN; Gertrude 11/12 b BRC; Domestics: Sing SAM, Kay GEO, both b China F/M b China, railway labourers.4
Margaret Wallace appeared on the census of 1901 Dewdney, Dist of New Westminster, BRC, CAN, with James Henderson, enumerated as HENDERSON: James 59 b Feby 1842 SCT emig 1868 ; wife Margaret b 25 Mar 1853 IRL; Dtrs: Edith 17 b 7 Feb 1884, Bessie 14 b 12 Aug 1887 both b MAN; Gertrude 10 b 23 Jun 1891 b BC.3 It is possible that Margaret Wallace and James Henderson were 2304 Cambridge St, Vancouver, BRC, CAN, in 1911 HENDERSON: James 67 b 6 Sep 1844, SCT retired; wife Margaret 57, b 1854 SCT both emig 1909 (although Margaret's entry might read 1904?); Dtr Bessie b 1 Aug 1886 MAN; (this data sort of fits Margaret but doesn't really fit the rest!)5
All the other infoMargaret Wallace was deaf. She communicated by having visitors write on a little note pad she always kept by her side.6 Granddaughter Peggy remembers her 'Little Nanny' as always wearing black and being very tiny.6
|James Henderson (Nov 1839 - May 1918)|
|Last Edited||28 Mar 2009|
- Wendy GRAHAM (), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Wendy G," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), rcvd Sep 2003.
- MANSON www & Misc. Corres. LDS 1881 Canadian Census: FHL Film 1375918 NA Film Number C-13282 District 183 Sub-district E Page Number 27 Household Number 126 , extracted Sep 2003.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1901 Vancouver, Sub Dist Dewdney, dist New Westminster BRC Dist 2 Sub Dist C-4 pg 7 family 82, hsehold of James & Margaret HENDERSON, extracted Oct 2007.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1891 Maple Ridge, New Westminster (2), BRC Roll T-6290, family of James & Margaret HENDERSON, extracted Mar 2009.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1911 Vancouver, BRC Dist 12 Sub Dist 22 pg 6, hsehold of James & Margaret HENDERSON, extracted Oct 2007.
- Peggy LEARD nee McKENZIE (35162), "MANSON/HENDERSON ex Peggy," e-mail to L McIntosh (1), rcvd Sep 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.