(circa June 1790 - 22 May 1838)
|Father||David Runciman (cir. Oct 1751 - Jan 1825); This William is assigned as son to David, as the h/stone of William and Mary (Watson) had an age that matches his baptism, and mentions both Thirlstane and Wanton Walls, as does the Service of Heirs to George Newton of Thirleston2,3,4|
|Mother||Janet Lockie (cir. 1757 - Sep 1830)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 5 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam Runciman was born cir. Jun 1790 Earlston, BEW, SCT.1 He was christened on 13 Jun 1790 at Earlston, Berwickshire.3
William Runciman married Mary Watson say 1818 ?Par. of Lauder, BEW, SCT.1,5
William Runciman died on 22 May 1838 ?Wanton Walls, Par. of Lauder, BEW, SCT; aged 48.1 He was buried with Mary Watson Lauder, Par. of Lauder, BEW, SCT, h/stone #71: William Runciman, late tenant in Thirlstane 22/5/1838 48 yrs. Spouse Mary Watson died at Wanton Walls 16/4/1823 28yrs. Son David died at Wanton Walls 20/4/1829 5 yrs. Grand-son Thomas Liddell died at Wigan 2/8/1851 4 yrs. Grand-son Thomas died at Lauder 16/8/1853 1 yr.1
Wills/bequestsWilliam Runciman was a beneficiary of the 21 Jan 1832 will of George Newton.6
All the other infoIn Nov 1831 William Runciman farmer at Thirleston was served as heir to George Newton feuar in Kelso ROX, SCT, along with John Runciman, James Runciman, David Runciman, Elisabeth Runciman and Isabella Runciman.2,7
External linksClick here to see William's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.8
|Mary Watson (cir. 1795 - Apr 1823)|
|Charts||RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls|
|Last Edited||6 Feb 2016|
- H D W, "RUNCIMAN Correspondence," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Lauder MIs: William RUNCIMAN/Mary WATSON, rcvd Feb 1996.
- RUNCIMAN Misc. web searches & correspondence Services of Heirs, Roxburghshire. 1636-1847: Trust Disposition to George Newton, feuar in Kelso, extracted Sep 2005, (which supplements the original information from Harry W, the transcript of which did not include the "lawfull children of the deceased David RUNCIMAN, tenant in Wantonwalls").
- Scotlands People Index, "OPR Berwick, SCT, RUNCIMAN Births 1538-1854", RUNCIMAN births 1700 to 1820 Earlston, BEW, index searched Oct 2005.
- Lorna Henderson, "RUNCIMAN Analysis", Oct 2005.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), RUNCIMAN/WATSON births/baptisms, batch C117484, extracted Sep 2005.
- H D W, "RUNCIMAN Correspondence," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Register of Sasines, Jan 1832, John LOCKIE, served heir to Andrew LOCKIE, trustee for George NEWTON, rcvd Feb 1996, scanned copy rcvd Apr 2009.
- H D W, "RUNCIMAN Correspondence," e-mail to L Henderson (1), Service of Heirs Nov 1831 George NEWTON, feuar in Kelso, extract originally rcvd Feb 1996, scanned copy of same rcvd Apr 2009.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, RUNCIMAN births 1553 to 1854 Lauder, BEW, index searched Oct 2005, (748/00 0003FR451, also indexed as 748/00 0003FR431).
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), RUNCIMAN/WATSON births/baptisms, batch C117485, extracted Sep 2005.
- Scotlands People Index, "OPR Berwick, SCT, RUNCIMAN Births 1538-1854", RUNCIMAN births 1553 to 1854 Lauder, BEW, index searched Oct 2005.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.