(1816 - 20 November 1873)
|Father||Peter Sinton (fr 1783 - 1788 - Jan 1866); circumstantial from naming pattern and location/birth place only|
|Mother||Jane Wight (cir. 1783 - Sep 1858)|
|Relationship||3rd great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataMargaret Sinton was born in 1816 Southdean, ROX, SCT, year confirmed by dth cert.1,2,3
Margaret Sinton married Robert Ainslie, son of Robert Ainslie and Margaret Oliver, on 1 Nov 1833 Southdean, Par. of Southdean, ROX, SCT, Robert, 25, of Simonburn Par, Margaret about 17, of Southdean. (Simonburn lies in the old Chancery of Belingham Northumberland.)4,1
Margaret Sinton died on 20 Nov 1873 Sweethope, Dist of Kirkwhelpington, NBL, ENG; Margaret Ainslie (Sinton) died of paralysis in the township of Sweethope in the Kirkwhelpington district of Throckington on the 20th of November 1873 aged 57. Her death certificate was witnessed by a Thos Ainslie who would be her brother-in-law (reg. Bellingham.)5
Census/Where lived/OccupationsMargaret Sinton appeared on the census of 7 Jun 1841 Halrule Stable, Hobkirk, ROX, SCT, with Robert Ainslie, enumerated as AINSLIE: Robert, 30, ag lab; Margaret 25; Jane 5; Margaret 3; Robert 1 all b ROX; LAIDLAW, Thomas, 15 ag lab b ROX.7,8
Margaret Sinton appeared on the census of 1851 Harrietfield, Nenthorn, BEW, SCT, with Robert Ainslie, enumerated as Robert, shepherd, 39, Margaret 35, ("and family") at least dtrs Jane 15 and Margaret 13; Robert, scholar 11; Peter 7; Samuel, 7;Elspeth 2; also servant James THOMSON, widower of Earlston, 24.9
Margaret Ainslie appeared on the census of 1861 Caverton Mill, Par. of Eckford, ROX, SCT, with Robert Ainslie, enumerated as AINSLIE: Robert, 50 shepherd b Morebattle; wife Margaret 45 b Southdean; Children: Margaret, 23 ag lab b Roxburgh, ROX; Samuel 17 ag lab b Bedrule; Thomas, 15 shoemaker's apprentice b Bedrule; Euphemia 12 b Nenthorn, ROX; Isabella 8 scholar b Nenthorn; and grddtr Margaret 2 b Eckford.10,3
Margaret Sinton appeared on the census of 1871 Sweethope, Par. of Throckington, Dist of Kirkwhelpington, NBL, ENG, with Robert Ainslie, enumerated as AINSLIE: Robert, shepherd, 59, wife Margaret, 54 "and some of his family"; Euphemia, 22, unm; also grdson John AINSLIE, 9 (son of Mgt AINSLIE before her marriage to Thomas HALL.)10
|Robert Ainslie (Nov 1808 - Apr 1878)|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
|Last Edited||28 Apr 2017|
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, Jan 2001.
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, Email Dec 2002 ex death cert from Northumberland Archives at Morpeth.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Eckford, ROX Par. 787A ED 3 Pg 4 Sched 14, hsehold of Robert & Margaret AINSLIE, extracted Mar 2007.
- BDM: Southdean & Abbotrule: Parish #806.
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, Dth cert 1873 Margaret AINSLIE nee SINTON, from Northumberland Archives at Morpeth, extract rcvd Dec 2002.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2013.
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, Jan 2001 ex 1841 Census Dist 790 Hobkirk.
- FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, Dist 790 ROX EnumDist 3 Par. of Hobkirk, Folio 3 Page 4, extracted Aug 2004.
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, Jan 2001 ex 1851 Census Dist 753 Nenthorn.
- Letter, Peter AINSLIE to L McIntosh, FGS filed as AINSLIERobertSINTONMargaretexPeterAINSLIE.doc, rcvd Jan 2003.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Birth 1837 Mgt AINSLIE, batch 7431704 Sheet: 10 Source Call No.: 0935238 (patron submission), extracted Oct 2003.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth 1910 Margaret HALL nee AINSLIE (Crailing, ROX 786 #2), extracted NRH Jul 2006.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.