(circa 1743 - 4 January 1825)
|Relationship||5th great-grandmother of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJane Stevenson was born cir. 1743 possibly in ?Hounam, ROX, SCT.1 She and William Hall were estimated to have married say 1759 ?Hounam, ROX.1
Jane Stevenson died on 4 Jan 1825 prob. at ?Hounam, ROX, SCT; aged 82.1 She and William Hall are buried Hounam, ROX, SCT, H/stone reads: IMO William Hall, who died at Morebattle 17.3.1817 aged 82 yrs, also Jane Stevenson his spouse who died 4.1.1825 aged 82 yrs. also Isabella Hall their daughter spouse to James Wight joiner Morebattle who died ?. 7.1816 aged ? yrs. James Hall their son who died 8.11.1821 aged 16 yrs (assumed to be son of James Wight and Isabella Hall given his age, with Hall being a forename. Possibly the transcription is a tad wrong and James is Isabella's brother, eg his age might be 46? I have concluded, for now that his name is James Hall Wight but this gives me another problem in that I already have them with a son James born c 1805, but dying in 1878. More work needed.)1,2,3
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||22 Dec 2016|
- Borders FHS, MIs: ROX Hounam & Linton, Entry #50: HALL/STEVENSON burials.
- Various Photograph(s), Various, unknown repository, H/stone Hounam Churchyard, (William HALL, Jane STEVENSON, Isabella WIGHT, James Hall WIGHT, taken Jul 2006.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2008.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2008.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct 2011.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.