(between January 1880 and March 1880 - between September 1898 and December 1898)
|Father||Archibald Henderson1 (cir. Mar 1837 - Apr 1911)|
|Mother||Marion Crawford1 (Feb 1844 - bet. 1891 - 1901)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 2 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataRobert Henderson was born bet. Jan 1880 - Mar 1880 Gt Clifton, CUL, ENG, Registered Whitehaven, 1880 Qtr 1, Vol 10b Page 599 (could be 589 or 588, number very unclear in St Caths index.)1,2,3
Robert Henderson was assumed to have died bet. Sep 1898 - Dec 1898 reg. in Whitehaven, CUL, ENG, which assumption is based on his being the 19yr old Robert, whose dth is reg. in Whitehaven in the 4th qtr of 1898, folio #10b/(?4)12 or (?1)12. He is NOT the one who married Sarah Johnston in 1901, as I originally thought he might be (as that Robert was the son of a Rothery Henderson), and I can't find him anywhere in England in the 1901 census.4,5,6,7
Census/Where lived/OccupationsThe census of 3 Apr 1881 showed William, John, Archibald and Robert and their sister Agnes in the household of their parents Archibald and Marion Henderson Concrete #42, Gt Clifton, CUL, ENG, enumerated as HENDERSON: Archabald (sic), head, colliery Overman, mar, 44, wife Marion 36, both b. Scotland. Dtr Agnes, 11; Sons Archibald, 13, labourer; William 8, scholar; John, 4; (all b SCT); Robert 1, b. Gt Clifton, CUL (next door at No. 40 was son James and his new wife Rebecca.)3 By the census of 6 Apr 1891 Robert Henderson was still shown as son of Archibald (and Marion Henderson) but now at 26 Braithwaite, Whitehaven.5,8
Descendants of William McEWAN and Margaret GRAY
|Last Edited||24 Jan 2009|
- 1881 Census, Cumberland, CUL, ENG, Extracted Sep/Oct 1994/5.
- Birth index: St Caths:, Vol 10b Page 599 (or 589 or 588).
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, Northern Borders, Film 1342248 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5175 folio 120 page 40, extracted c 2000.
- DTH INDEX: St Caths:, searched Aug 2002.
- 1891 Census, Various, Whitehaven, RG12/4314, Page 12, Schedule #74, Via Ancestry.com free trial, Jul 2004.
- 1901 Census, ENG, Via Ancestry: Whitehaven Dist 7 RG13/4892 Folio 15 Page 22 Schedule #100, extracted Oct 2005.
- Various, BDM Certified copy, Mar. 1901 Robert HENDERSON and Sarah Jane JOHNSTON, cert. copy rcvd Oct 2005.
- Ian Aitken-Kemp, "EMail Corres. re HENDERSON/AITKEN between Ian A-K & LornaHen," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Archibald HENDERSON, 1891 census Whitehaven address: Braithwaite, between Wellington and Bransty Row, both of the latter still there, former not, rcvd Feb 2009.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.