(circa 1854 - 24 December 1915)
|Father||Robert McIntyre1,2 (cir. 1831 - aft. 1872)|
|Mother||Margaret Steel1 (cir. 1832 - )|
BMDB dataJessie McIntyre was born cir. 1854 Barony, Glasgow, LKS, SCT.3
Jessie McIntyre married Walter Davidson, son of John Davidson and Agnes Fairbairn, on 28 Feb 1873 Juniper Green, Colinton, MLN, SCT, Banns read; Minister Wm Lockhart; Jessie the d/o Robert McIntyre, glassblower and Margaret Steele; Wit: Gilbert Ramage and Janet Lersham; reg. at Colinton 3 March.1,4
Jessie Davidson married James B Renshaw on 22 Feb 1893 Kings Co., NWB, CAN, James a widower, Jessie indexed as both Davidson and McIntyre.5
Jessie Renshaw died on 24 Dec 1915 St John's Hosp., Ottawa, Carleton Co., ONT, CAN; cert. shows Jessie as born Scotland, d/o Robert McIntyre (mother's maiden name not given) dying aged 60 of lobar pneumoniam 7 days & acute dilatation of heart, 12 hrs. The informant was son John Davidson of 25 Lett St.2,5
MigrationJessie Davidson immigrated to CAN bet. 1890 - 1893.5
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJessie Davidson appeared on the census of 3 Apr 1881 as wife of Walter Davidson Road (off Kirkgate), Chirnside, BEW, SCT, enumerated as (all Davidson): Walter, head, general labourer, 33, b Edrom, BEW wife Jessie, 27 b Barony Glasgow, LKS; Sons: John, scholar, 7 b St Andrews, Edin; Walter, 3 b Chirnside.3 Jessie lived Glasgow, LKS, SCT, cir. 1887 having moved to be nearer her family after her husband, Walter, died.6
The census of 1901 showed Jessie with her husband James, their dtr Jane Rothesay, Kings Co., NWB, CAN, household enumerated as RENSHAW: James B 63 shoemaker b NWB Feb 22 1838, C of E; Jessie 47 b Sct Aug 19 1853 emig 1870 (!) Presby; Dtr Jane 4 b Sct (sic) Jun 23 1896, Presby.7,5 Jessie McIntyre was not found in the census of 1911 CAN at least not as Jessie anyone, wife or head, born Scotland within 2 yrs of expected birth yr.8
NamesJessie and dtr Jean both seem to have used Davidson as a surname, possibly the Renshaw marriage didn't last?5
All the other infoCir. 1887 Jessie turned her 3 sons over to Quarriers, having been unable to find work. Jessie was given work as a cook in one of the children's homes and the boys were sent to care, John to learn a trade, Robert and Walter to an infirmary because they both had whooping cough. Jessie's sister accompanied her when she signed over the boys and the sister strongly objected to the boys being sent to Canada.9
|Walter Davidson (Nov 1848 - Oct 1881)|
|James B Renshaw (say 1854 - )|
John & Bessie (FFLINT) FAIRBAIRN
|Last Edited||6 Feb 2006|
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Marr. 1873 Walter DAVIDSON and Jessie McINTYRE, extract rcvd Dec 2003.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, Dth 1915 Jessie RENSHAW, cert. #011119, Ontaria dths 1869-1932, copy d/loaded Feb 2006.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, FHL Film 0224029 GRO Ref Volume 730 EnumDist 2 Page 12, rechecked Dec 2003.
- DAVIDSON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 1873 Walter DAVIDSON and Jessie McINTYRE, batch M116711 (Colinton), extracted Dec 2003.
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Jan 2004.
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Dec 2003.
- Census, CAN, 1901 Dist Rothsay I-2 Pg 14 Sched 1 M'film T-6441 hsehold 133,James B and Jessie RENSHAW, copy d/loaded Feb 2006.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1911, searched Feb 2006.
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Dec 2003 (extracted from Quarriers records).
- DAVIDSON, International Genealogical Index (IGI), DAVIDSON/McINTYRE births, batch C116853, extracted c 1993.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.