(circa 1720 - after February 1778)
|Father||Robert Richardson (cir. 1694 - aft. 1736); relationship assumed by naming pattern and place1|
|Mother||Jennet Leigerwood (Dec 1693 - aft. 1736)|
|Relationship||5th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWalter Richardson was born cir. 1720 Eckford, ROX, SCT, (this date is an approximation, placing him in the children of Robert & Janet by naming pattern, although I would expect Mum to be Agnes, perhaps both Walter and Margaret had Mum's called Janet? I've not found a baptism for Walter to confirm Paul's information.)1
Walter Richardson married Margaret Shiell, daughter of James Shiel and Isabel Shiel, on 18 Jun 1745 Eckford, ROX, entry reads: "Jun 18th (1745) Walter Richardson in this Parish and Margt Shiell in the Parish of Jedbr gave up their names for proclamation in order to marriage. James Shiel Henry Young Cautrs given to the poor a shilling."2
Walter Richardson was assumed to have died aft. Feb 1778 which assumption is based on the cautioner Walter, for the marriage of Janet Richardson and Andrew Thompson in Eckford at this time, is this Walter and Janet is his daughter.1,3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsBy 1747 he was a hind Bankhead, Par. of Linton, ROX, SCT, (when son Robert baptized.)4
All the other infoWalter Richardson was Assumed to be the Walter RICHARDSON witnessing the baptism of Agnes dtr of Willm HALL in Templehall in Nov 1771 Morebattle, ROX, SCT.5 On 7 Feb 1778 Eckford, ROX, SCT, Walter Richardson was a cautioner at the marriage of Andrew Thompson and Janet Richardson; entry reads: Feby 7th Andw Thompson in the Parish of Crailing & Janet Richardson in this Parish gave up their names for Proclamation in Order to Marriage. Cautioners William Smith becomes Caution for the bridgegroom, & Walter Richardson for the Bride. Given to the Poor 1s
Also recorded 8th Feb at Crailing.1,3,6
External linksWalter Richardson belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Margaret Shiell (Jul 1723 - aft. 1764)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
My pedigree chart
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||8 Aug 2012|
- Paul Richardson, "RICHARDSON, William of Eckford."
- Par. of Eckford, ROX: entry for Walter RICHARDSON & Margaret SHIELL, 18 Jun 1745 Filed in sources folder & notebooks, L Henderson, Waikanae, Kapiti, WTN, NZ, Marr. 1745 Walter RICHARDSON & Margaret SHIELL, Eckford, ROX, p/copy taken Sep 1994, scanned Sep 2011.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 1778 Janet RICHARDSON & Andrew THOMPSON, Eckford, ROX Dist 787/A00 0010 0199 Fr208, copy d/loaded Oct 2007.
- Baptism: Linton, ROX, Bap. 1747 Robert RICHARDSON, p/copy held (taken Sep/Oct 1994/5).
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 5 Nov 1771 Agnes d/o William HALL, (in Templehall), at Morebattle, ROX, 801/00 0010 0037, copy d/loaded for William RICHARDSON, Aug 2012.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Marr. 8 Feb 1778 Janet RICHARDSON & Andrew THOMPSON, Crailing, ROX, from Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910 batch M11786-2 film 1067933, 0102285, extracted May 2012.
- Baptism: Linton, ROX, Bap. 29 Mar 1747 Robert s/o Walter (hind, Bankhead) RICHARDSON, p/copy held (taken Sep/Oct 1994/5, scanned Feb 2012).
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.