(circa October 1785 - )
|Father||James McEwan (cir. Aug 1745 - aft. 1788)|
|Mother||Margaret Fisher (Apr 1753 - )|
|Relationship||4th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames McEwan was born cir. Oct 1785 ?Dryst, PER, SCT.1 He was christened on 2 Oct 1785 Par. of Kincardine, PER, SCT.1
James McEwan married Mary McLaren on 21 Feb 1807 Par. of Kincardine by Doune, PER, SCT.2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJames McEwan appeared on the census of 1814 Drip Moss, Kincardine by Doune, PER, SCT, with Mary McLaren, enumerated as James McEWEN 27 and Mary or Marg McLAREN 25 with children Margt 5, Mary 3, Hellen 2 (No mention of dtr Janet as alive or dead) from Logie, settled on the Moss 7 yrs with 1 Cart; 1 Plough; 1 ???; 1 Horse; 2 Cows; 0 sheep; 0 ??; 2 Poultry; 0 Dogs; 1 Cat The owner of the farm was a William McEWEN. Next door to brother William (marr. WHITEHEAD).3
External linksClick here to see James's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.4
|Mary McLaren (Oct 1786 - )|
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
Henderson/McEwan lines represented by atDNA tests
|Last Edited||27 Aug 2013|
- PER, SCT OPR: Kincardine: Kincardine, PER, SCT.
- Carolyn LAMERS (24364), "EM McEWAN: Kincardine ex LAMERS," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Apr 2001.
- 1814 Census, Kincardine Moss, PER, SCT, SRO GD 1/321/1, GD 1/321/1.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, Oct-11.
- Carolyn LAMERS (24364), "EM McEWAN: Kincardine ex LAMERS," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Apr 2001 ex Kincardine OPR.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.