(circa December 1822 - 24 October 1826)
|Father||Robert Turnbull1 (cir. Jan 1774 - May 1854)|
|Mother||Eleanor Scott1 (cir. 1780 - Sep 1846)|
|Relationship||3rd great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWalter Turnbull was born cir. Dec 1822 Haithwaite Gate, Par. of Nichol Forest, CUL, ENG.1 He was christened on 25 Dec 1822 in the Par. of Nichol Forest, CUL, ENG; the entry showing Walter as s/o Robert (joiner) & Eleanor of Hathwaite Gate.1
Walter Turnbull died on 24 Oct 1826 Haithwaite Gate, Par. of Nichol Forest, CUL; when he was 4 (at "Hathetgate.")2
All the other infoWalter Turnbull was interred with Robert Turnbull and Eleanor Scott Canonbie, DFS, SCT; Erected IMO Walter s/o Robert & Helen Turnbull of Hathetgate who died Oct 24th 1826 aged 4 yrs. Also Elizabeth their dtr who d. 15th Oct 1836 aged 22 yrs. Also above Helen Turnbull who d. 28th Sep 1846 aged 66 yrs. And above Robert Turnbull who died May 7th 1854 aged 82 yrs.2
Walter Turnbull s/o Robert Turnbull a joiner, and Eleanor Scott was initially considered, and subsequently rejected, as a potential duplicate of Walter Turnbull in 1851 Bessestown, CUL, ENG, an ag lab (but I now know that "my" Walter died aged 4.)3,4
Walter Turnbull was considered as a potential duplicate of Walter Turnbull, but this has been discounted; one a joiner, married to Jane, living Lanercost, then Burtholme, the other the s/o Robert Turnbull a joiner, and Eleanor nee Scott (but he died aged 4.)5,4
|Last Edited||15 Nov 2009|
- Baptisms: Nichol Forest, CUL, ENG, Bap. 1822 Walter TO Robert & Eleanor TURNBULL, of Hathwaite Gate, Nichol Forest, extracted Aug 1994 (1813 to 1835), PR177/18.
- Bridget C, "EM CUL Families: Bridget C," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, TURNBULL MI at Canonbie, ex 1960s transcr by GILCHRIST, rcvd Aug 2007; Photo rcvd Nov 2009.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2005.
- Bridget C, "EM CUL Families: Bridget C," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, TURNBULL MI at Canonbie, ex 1960s transcr by GILCHRIST, rcvd Aug 2007.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, FHL Film 1342242 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5150 Folio 8 Page 9, extracted c 2000.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.