(say 1700 - )
BMDB dataGeorge MacAdie was born say 1700 ?Watten, CAI, SCT, date and place assumed.1
George MacAdie married Isobel Manson on 30 Jan 1729 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, entry reads: Jan 11 1729 matrimonially contracted George McAdie younger in Houstry dun and Isobell Manson in Gillock in Bower Paroch and by these bind themselves to consumate marriage within 40 days Accomplished Jan 30th.2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Jan 1729 George MacAdie was living Houstry Dun, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.2
By Aug 1733 George MacAdie and Isobel Manson were living South Dun(n), Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.5 By Jan 1750 they were living Newtown, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.6
NamesGeorge MacAdie was also known as MacKady. In 1733 his surname was recorded as McCady.7 In 1750 his surname was recorded as McAdy.6
|Isobel Manson (bef. 1709 - )|
|Charts||George & Isobel (MAN/MANSON) McADIE|
|Last Edited||7 Jul 2013|
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar. 1729 George McADIE and Isobel MANSON, extracted Nov 2003.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jun 2013.
- William Macadie, "FT MacADIE ex Dunbeath Heritage Centre", Sighted Jul/Sep 1994 and again in Jul/Sep 1995, I'm mistakenly recorded as Lorna McKENZIE on the bottom of one of the pages, but accurately recorded as being interested in Robert MacADIE & Margaret SINCLAIR, and George MacADIE & Margaret COTTAR., Marr. 23.6.1773 David [MacADIE] (Ruthe) & Elizabeth (Bettie) COOPER, extracted Jun 2013.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1733 Janet McCADY, extracted Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1750 James McADY, extracted Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap. 28 Aug 1733 Janet d/o Goerge McCADY & Isobel MANSON in Southdun, Par. of Watten, CAI, extracted Nov 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.