(7 June 1834 - 16 March 1898)
|Father||William Duncanson1,2 (cir. Nov 1804 - aft. 1855)|
|Mother||Mary McEwan1,2 (cir. Oct 1809 - Aug 1884)|
|Relationship||2nd cousin 3 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataMargaret Duncanson was born on 7 Jun 1834 Alloa, Par. of Alloa, CLK, SCT.1,2 She was baptized on 29 Jun 1834 CLK, SCT.2
Margaret Duncanson married John Fleming Liddle say 1853 ?Alva, STI, SCT.3
Margaret Liddle died on 16 Mar 1898 Ulverstone, TAS, AUS, at age 63; cert. shows Margaret LIDDLE as 62 b. Bradford Yorkshire, wife of J ?P? LIDDLE gentleman.4 She was buried with John Fleming Liddle Forth Methodist Cem., Ulverstone, TAS, AUS, LIDDLE: John Fleming D. 17 Sep 1904 72 yrs; Sp Margaret q.v.
Margaret D. 16 Mar 1898 63 yrs; Sp. John Fleming d. Ochil Hill, Forth. q.v.4
MigrationMargaret Liddle immigrated aft. 1861 to TAS, AUS.6,3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsMargaret Duncanson appeared on the census of 1841 Tulligarth Mains, CLK, SCT, in the household of William Duncanson and Mary Duncanson and is assumed to be a dtr.7 Margaret Duncanson appeared on the census of 1851 Farm steading of Burnside, Par. of Alva, STI, SCT, in the household of William Duncanson and Mary Duncanson as daughter of William.1,8
Margaret Liddle appeared on the census of 1861 Bole Lane, Alva, STI, SCT, with John Fleming Liddle, enumerated as LIDDLE: John F 28 wool weaver b Devon iron works, CLK; wife Margaret 26 b Tulligarth, CLK; Children: Mary 6; Catharine 2 both b Alva, STI.3
|John Fleming Liddle (cir. 1833 - Sep 1904)|
|Charts||Descendants of William McEWAN and Margaret GRAY|
|Last Edited||10 Feb 2019|
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Par. of Alva, STI, Par. 470 ED 3 Sched 104, hsehold of William & Mary DUNCANSON, extracted May 2011.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth 7 Jun Bap. 29 Jun 1834 Margaret d/o William DUNCANSON & Mary McEWAN, Clackmannan, CLK, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11466-8 film 1040355, extracted Aug 2013.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Alva, STI; Reg. 470 ED: 3; Page: 37; hsehold of John F & Margaret LIDDLE, extracted Aug 2013.
- Ancestry.com online at http://search.ancestry.com, LIDDLE: Forth Methodist Cem., Ulverstone, TAS, from Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007, extracted Aug 2013.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Aug 2013, updated Feb 2019.
- Antoinette WADE, "EMails re McEWAN/DUNCANSON ex Anntoinette W," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, "They also had a daughter they called Margaret who came out later married as a Liddle", rcvd May 2011.
- 1841 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Par. Clackmannan, CLK, Par. 466 ED 6 pg 7, hsehold of Wm & Mary DUNCANSON, extracted May 2011.
- FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, Par. of Alva, STI, 1851SCT/STI Pg 27 Sched 104, hsehold of William & Mary DUNCANSON, extracted May 2011.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.