(before 1733 - after 1755)
BMDB dataElizabeth McAdy was estimated to have been born bef. 1733 ?Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, (date derived from marriage date.)1
Elizabeth McAdy married James Manson, son of James Manson and Euphen Malcolm, on 27 Dec 1753 Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, IGI entry: James Manson to Elizabeth MacKady and the OPR entry shows James as being "of Banks of Scouthal and Elizabeth Mackady there, accomplished 27 Dec 1753" (which reinforces the identification of James as highly likely to be the s/o James and Euphan, as does the birth of a dtr named Euphan.)2,3
Elizabeth McAdy was estimated to have died aft. 1755 ?Watten, Caithness.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsElizabeth MacKady was living Banks of Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in Dec 1753.3 Elizabeth and James were still living Banks of Scouthal, Par. of Watten, CAI, in Apr 1755 when their dtr Euphan was baptised.4
NamesElizabeth was also known as Elspeth (at dtr Euphan's christening.)5,4 Her surname was recorded as MacKady on her marriage.2,3
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2003|
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch M110422-?-990557.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Mar 1753 James MANSON to Elizabeth McADIE, extracted Nov 2003.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap 1755 Euphan MANSON, extracted Nov 2003.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT, Batch C110422-?-990557.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.