(6 January 1805 - after 1806)
|Father||William Manson1 (cir. Sep 1771 - bef. 1841)|
|Mother||Christan Young1 (say 1775 - bef. 1841)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 5 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataThomas Manson was born cir. Jan 1805 Achavrole, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.1 He was christened on 6 Jan 1805 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; Entry reads: "6 Jan 1805: Wm Manson in Achavrole (?Acharole) and Christian Young spouse, son Thomas. Wit Alexr Finlayson Achsmarrel and Francis Mickeljohn in Achavrole."2,1
Thomas Manson died aft. 1806 ?Acharole, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT; (there are no Watten marriages on the igi for any Thomas Mansons, nor Wick ones of the right years.)3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsThomas Manson appeared on the census of 1806 Achavrole, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, in the household of William Manson and Christan Young as son of William.3 Thomas Manson was not found in the census of 1841 CAI, SCT.4 He was not found in 1881 in CAI.5
|Last Edited||14 Dec 2004|
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Baptism 1805 Thomas MANSON, trans. Sep 1994.
- 1993 IGI extract - MANSON, CAI, SCT.
- Douglas MANSON, "EM MANSON/MALCOLM/BRIMS ex Douglas M," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, 1806 Watten census, rcvd Nov 2003.
- FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, 1841 Caithness, searched Dec 2004.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, SCT Highlands, searched Aug 2003.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.