(circa April 1804 - 1 October 1834)
|Father||William Baty1 (cir. 1742 - cir. Nov 1810)|
|Mother||Mary Simpson1 (cir. 1763 - Jan 1842)|
|Relationship||4th great-aunt of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataAnn Baty was born cir. Apr 1804 Hornick Hill, nr Longtown, Par. of Arthuret, CUL, ENG.1 She was baptized on 8 Apr 1804 Arthuret, CUL, ENG; to William & Mary of Hornockhill.1
Ann Baty married John Turnbull say 1834 ?Glasgow, LKS, SCT, date/place assume correct identification of John & Ann. The marriage found in Glasgow is of a John TURNBULL, "chaise driver in Glasgow", and Ann BEATTIE, "residing there" who were married by John BLACK, Minister of Shotts. Not particularly worried by the transformation from BATY to BEATTIE, but wondering why Glasgow as opposed to Arthuret - although John's occupation may explain that.
FamilySearch didn't bring up any immediately obvious further children to a John TURNBULL in Glasgow, other than an 1838 William, BUT again, if that William has been correctly identified in 1841/51 census records, his father John was a ropemaker with children pre-dating the above 1834 marriage to Ann.2,3,4
Ann Baty died on 1 Oct 1834 Glasgow, LKS, SCT; "At Glasgow, on the 1st inst., in childbed, Ann, wife of Mr. John TURNBULL, and daughter of the late Mr. Wm. BATY, of Hornick Hall, near Longtown, in this county, aged 30 years, much respected."2
|John Turnbull (say 1800 - aft. 1834)|
|Last Edited||6 Apr 2012|
- Bishop's Transcripts: births burials marriages, Arthuret, CUL, ENG, Bap. 1804 Ann to William & Mary BATY, of Hornickhill, pg 274, from ? via Bridget, rcvd Feb 2007.
- Annie MASSEY, "EM BATY: Slealands ex Annie M," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Dth 1 Oct 1834 Ann w/o John TURNBULL; d/o late Wm BATY of Hornick Hall, Glasgow, LKS, from the Carlisle Journal, Saturday 11 Oct 1834, transcribed by Petra Mitchinson, online on the e-mail address site, posted in my Guestbook Apr 2012.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 19 May 1834 John TURNBULL (chaise driver) & Ann BEATTIE, Glasgow, LKS, 644/010 0410 0504, copy d/loaded Apr 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Apr 2012.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Birth & Death 24 Sep 1824 Female d/o John TURNBULL, Glasgow, LKS, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11975-6 film 1040211, extracted Apr 2012.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.