Amy Florence Pope1
(23 August 1871 - 3 January 1957)
|Mother||Isabella Gillespie Pope2 (cir. 1833 - 1904)|
BMDB dataAmy Florence Pope was born on 23 Aug 1871 Ellesville, Leeds Co., ONT, CAN.1
Amy Florence Pope married Walter Fairbairn Davidson, son of Walter Davidson and Jessie McIntyre, on 20 Mar 1901 Kenlis, SAS, CAN, Minister JA Haw, Wit: Amy's sister Alberta Pope and John L Fleming.1
Amy Davidson died on 3 Jan 1957 Regina, SAS, CAN, at age 85.1 She was buried with Walter Fairbairn Davidson and Robert McIntyre Davidson Regina Cem, Regina, SAS, CAN, (Robert is Walter's brother, note that the h/stone erroneously shows Robert's birth date as 1886.)2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsBy 1900 Amy Florence Pope was living with Isabella Gillespie Pope Indian Head, NWT (now SAS), CAN, having moved west as a family. The "family" consisted of Amy, her mother (Isabella Gillespie Pope), her sister (Alberta), her brother (James) and her future husband Walter.2
Amy appeared on the census of 1901 with Walter Davidson Fort Qu'Appelle, Assinobia East, NWT, CAN, enumerated as DAVIDSON: Walter 25 lodger b Scotland Jun 6 1876, emig. 1890 ?labourer?; Amy domestic 26 b ONT Aug 23 1875, the head of the hsehold being a 30 yr old Robt Jackson, single farmer b Ireland, emig. 1884.3,2
The census of 1906 showed Amy with her husband Walter, their son Hubert, their dtr Isabella Qu'Appelle, NWT, CAN, household enumerated as DAVIDSON: Walter F 29; Amy F 31 both b Scotland; Children: Hubert F 4; Isabella B 2 (and 2 horses 2 milch cows.)4
Amy and Walter Davidson were not found in the census of 1911 CAN (the index certainly didn't want me to find them under any search conditions I could think of.)5 Fr 1912 - 1920 Walter and Amy Davidson were living McIntyre St (1816), Regina, SAS, CAN.2,6
Amy Davidson appeared on the census of 1921 Regina, SAS, enumerated as DAVIDSON: Amy 49 ; Children (all b. SAS F b. SCT M b. ONT): Herbert 19 salesman, Isabel 17 stenographer, Howard 14, Harold 12 both students; Lodgers: James CLARK 34 b. ENG, Charles HARRISON 25, Fred JEFFRIES 26 both b. ONT.7 After Walter's death Amy Davidson ran a boarding house (until the 1940s) in order to support her family Regina, SAS.2
|Walter Fairbairn Davidson (Jun 1877 - Oct 1920)|
John & Bessie (FFLINT) FAIRBAIRN
|Last Edited||22 May 2014|
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Dec 2003.
- Shirley Heaton (36523), "EM DAVIDSON/McINTYRE ex Shirley H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, rcvd Jan 2004.
- Census, CAN, 1901 Dist TT Assinobia East #203, Fort Qu'appelle N(1) Pg 8 Sched 1 M'film T-6552 hsehold 66, Robt JACKSON, copy d/loaded Feb 2006.
- Census, CAN, 1906 Dist SK Qu'appelle #15 Sub dist 38,45,42, Pg 10 M'film T-18363 hsehold 32, Walter & Amy DAVIDSON, copy d/loaded Feb 2006.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1911, searched Feb 2006.
- Misc. web searches and corres. re DAVIDSON http://www.archives.ca WWI attestation papers online, Robert McIntyre DAVIDSON, searched Jan 2004.
- Census image, Canada, via Ancestry.com, 1921 RG 31; Folder Number: 159; Census Place: Regina (City), Regina, Saskatchewan; Page Number: 8, hsehold of Amy DAVIDSON, extracted May 2014.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.