(circa 1895 - after 1964)
|Father||James Michie2 (bef. 1875 - aft. 1922)|
|Mother||Jane Alexander Christie2 (bef. 1875 - aft. 1922)|
BMDB dataMargaret Beattie Michie was born cir. 1895 ?Hawick, ROX, SCT.2
Margaret Beattie Michie married John Walls Gibson, son of John Walls Gibson and Beatrice Thomson Wight, on 8 Jul 1922 St John's Manse, Hawick, ROX, SCT, Cert reads: John Walls Gibson, 31, bachelor, quantity surveyor, usu. resid. 11 Briarbank Tce, Edinburgh, s/o John Walls Gibson and Beatrice Thomson Wight, mar. Margaret Beattie Michie, 27, spinster, chemist shop assistant, usu. res. 1 Wilton Hill, Hawick, d/o James Michie, tweed manufacturer and Jane Alexander Christie, on Jul 8, 1922 at St John's Manse (C of S), Hawick.2,3
All the other infoMargaret outlived her husband John Walls Gibson who died on 5 Jun 1964.4,5
Margaret Beattie Michie and Janet McKenzie Taylor were possibly related as both are connected with the same address (1 Wilton Hill, Hawick), one in 1916 the other in 1922. Does anyone know of a connection? Janet was the wife of a Robert Sinton.6
|John Walls Gibson (1891 - Jun 1964)|
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
|Last Edited||3 Dec 2006|
- Name from mar. cert.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Mar. 1922 John GIBSON/Margaret MICHIE, transcr. Robert Mc C, Sep 2003.
- "Memorabilia relating to the extended HENDERSON families.", Packet of holiday snaps labelled Mrs A HARBOUR but containing Scottish scenes and notes on reverse from Jack GIBSON, "your cousin."
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Dth 1964 John Walls GIBSON, transcr. Robert McC Jul 2005.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, John Walls GIBSON dths, 1934 to 1954, index d/loaded Jul 2005.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Jun 2005.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.