(say 1755 - )
BMDB dataWilliam McAdie was born say 1755 ?Wick, CAI, SCT, nearest on OPRs is William s/o John, Thurso 1739 which seems a tad early, but fits the name of the eldest son.
Other options include a William born c. 1744 Watten to George and Isobel (MAN) McADY and a 1754 Reay William s/o William McCANDY.1,2
William McAdie married Susanna Mullekin on 14 Nov 1778 Wick, CAI, SCT, entry reads McCADIE William in this parish was matrimonially contracted to Susannah MULLIKEN in Wick Cautioner for the man Donald Thomson and woman John Rhinn 14 Novemr.3,4
NamesIn 1781 his surname was recorded as McKadie also McCadie (1778) and McAddie.5,1
External linksWilliam McAdie belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Susanna Mullekin (say 1755 - )|
|Charts||William & Susanna (MULLIKEN) McADIE|
|Last Edited||5 Jun 2013|
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland, M*c*a*d*e and M*a*y births/baptisms, CAI, index searched Jul 2009 , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. William McCADDIE & Susanna MULLIKEN, batch M110432 Wick, CAI, extracted Mar 2001.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 14 Nov 1778 William McCADIE & Susannah MULLIKEN, Wick, CAI 043/0020 0360, copy d/loaded Jun 2009.
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland, Bap? 12 Jan 1781 John s/o William McKADIE & Susannah MULLIKEN, Wick, CAI 043/0020 (no image), index searched Jul 2009 , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.