(say 1695 - after November 1753)
|Relationship||6th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam Familton was estimated to have been born say 1695 ?Par. of Earlston, BEW, SCT.
William Familton married Elizabeth Wilson, daughter of George Wilson, on 22 Mar 1719 Earlston, BEW, SCT, Wm 'weaver in Earlston', Eliz. 'Par of Melrose.2,1'
William Familton died aft. Nov 1753 ?Par. of Earlston, BEW.3
NamesHis surname was recorded as Famelton.
All the other infoWilliam Familton executed a deed in 1725 Earlston, BEW, SCT, in which he was described as "William Familton, weaver, in Earlston". Witnesses to the transaction included "George Wilson in Blainslie, my father-in-law."2 He was named as the father of George Hamilton in the Deed on 17 Jun 1751 Kelso, ROX, SCT, This deed appears to be either after the Contract of Marriage, or part of it, and specifically names George as Hamilton, "with consent of William his father" and "Mary Sweet only lawfull Child procreat and alive betwixt the now deceast John Sweet portioner in Leussudden and Helen Robson his wife with consent of her said Mother.."
Mary gives her husband if he survives her, and their heirs, or just to her heirs, "all and haill her half husbandland in Leussudden with the pertinents thereof Together with the tenement houses & yards pertaining thereto lying in the said Town and territory of Leussudden and Shire of Roxburgh" ...
Her mother, Helen Robson was left with "liferent of one Just and equal third part of the said land houses and yard And with provision that the said George Hamilton shall be obliged to pay three hundred and forty two pounds Nine shills Eight pennies Scots due by the said Mary and her Mother to Sundry as contained in a subscribed Inventory of Debt relative to the said contract" ...
In witness ... "att Lassudden this first day of February Jaivii& and fifty one years Before these witnesses George Pringle mer't in Earlestoun James Mein Wright in and portioner of Lassudden John Ranchiman (John Runciman)weaver in and portioner of Earlestoun and the said William Hunter ... signd George Hamilton Mary Sweet William Eamilton (sic) H.R. George Pringle witness James Mein witness John Ruchiman (sic) witness Will: Hunter witness ...4
William Familton witnessed the execution of another Deed of George Hamilton and Mary Sweet on 30 Nov 1753 Kelso, ROX.3
External linksWilliam Familton belongs to a DNA tested line. There may be more information available on DNASurnames under the DNA project for his/her surname/line.
|Elizabeth Wilson (say 1695 - aft. Nov 1753)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson
Paternal ancestors of Lorna
Helen Sinton WIGHT's ancestors
|Last Edited||21 May 2010|
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- H D W (15319), "Borders Corres. ex H D W," e-mail to L Henderson (1), from "Index to the Particular Register of Sasines for Bewickshire", held Edinburgh University Library, extract rcvd Aug 1997.
- John HAMILTON (40459), "EM FAMILTON, George ex John H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Sasine dated 1753 William ffamilton to his eldest son George Hamilton "his lands in Earlstoun formerly called Ogele's Croft and field land called Barnie", transcript rcvd Apr 2005.
- John HAMILTON (40459), "EM FAMILTON, George ex John H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Sasine dated 1751 George Hamilton in liferent of half husband land and tenem't in Lasudden, transcript rcvd Apr 2005.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), FAMILTON births, batch C117362, rechecked Apr 2005.
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland, Bap. 29 Apr 1722 George s/o William FAMELTON, Earlston, extracted Sep/Oct 1994/5 , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 29 Apr 1722 George s/o William FAMELTON, Earlston, BEW 736/ 0010 0076, copy d/loaded (for James FAIRBAIRN) Dec 2009.
- John HAMILTON (40459), "EM FAMILTON, George ex John H," e-mail to Lorna Henderson, Sasine dated 30 Nov 1753, Lauder, William FAMILTON to eldest son George HAMILTON, his "Lands in Earlstoun formerly Called Ogele's Croft and field Land called Barnie", transcript rcvd Apr 2005.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.