(circa 1767 - 14 December 1842)
|Father||Male ?James Croser1 (say 1740 - )|
|Relationship||5th great-uncle of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJames Croser was born cir. 1767 probably in ?ROX, SCT, poss. the James bap 24 dec 1769 Castleton to James CROZER and Christian BEATTIE who married 31 Jan 1766 Castleton.
Or the James Bap. 11 May 1768 to Walter CROZIER & Janet YOUNG at Roxburgh, ROX - which would fit a 2nd son Walter for Archibald and Alison (CROSSER) FAIRBAIRN.1,2,3,4
James Croser died on 14 Dec 1842 Jedburgh, ROX, SCT; aged 75.1 He was buried Eckford, ROX, SCT, H/stone: Sacred to the memory of James Croser portioner Lanton Hill who died at Jedburgh 14.12.1842 aged 75 years this stone was erected by his affectionate nephew James Fairbairn."1
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJames Croser was a portioner Lanton Mill, Par. of Jedburgh, ROX, SCT.1
All the other infoI have long thought that the James Croser buried Eckford with the h/stone mentioning a nephew James Fairbairn would be the brother of Alison Fairbairn nee Crosser. I am now confident of this id.
The second marriage for James Fairbairn reported in "Grandma Viele's" reminiscences, has been found, which, tied to the property of Elizabeth Laidlaw, relict of James Fairbairn of Lanton Muir, to where James Croser was, it all makes sense to me now.5
|Charts||Ancestors & siblings of Les Henderson|
|Last Edited||15 Dec 2012|
- Borders FHS, MIs: ROX Eckford, #5 James CROSER, portioner Lanton Hill, extracted c 1995.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Bap. 24 Dec 1769 James s/o James CROZER & Christian BEATTIE, batch C117842, Castleton, ROX, extracted Jun 2008.
- Online search: assorted surnames, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Marr. 31 Jan 1766 James CROSER & Christian BEATTIE, batch M117842, Castleton, ROX, extracted Jun 2008.
- FamilySearch Labs Record Search (LDS) online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/, Bap. 11 May 1768 James s/o Walter CROZIER & Janet YOUNG, Roxburgh, ROX, from Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950 batch C11803-2 films 102301, 1067950, 1067951, extracted Dec 2012.
- Lorna Henderson, "FAIRBAIRN Analysis", pre 2002, updated Jun 2008.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.