(circa 1833 - 10 February 1855)
|Father||Robert Wight1,3,2 (Jun 1800 - Jan 1865)|
|Mother||Janet Scott1,3,2 (cir. 1809 - aft. 1881)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 3 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataWilliam Wight was born cir. 1833 Linton, ROX, SCT, (dth cert. says born Par. of Kelso.)1,3
William Wight died on 10 Feb 1855 New Town, Par. of Coldstream, BEW, SCT; cert. shows William as 21, carrier, born Par. of Kelso, resid. Coldstream 8 1/2 years, s/o Robert WIGHT & Janet SCOTT; d. 12 noon of typhoid fever with pneumonia, abt 3 wks duration; Bur. Lennel Churchyard 15th Feb; Inf. brother James (who himself died of typhus later in the year) Reg. 12th Feb.1,3
Census/Where lived/OccupationsWilliam Wight appeared on the census of 1841 Mellendean, Par. of Sprouston, ROX, SCT, in the household of Robert Wight and Janet Wight and is assumed to be a son.5,2 William Wight appeared on the census of 1851 Marlefield, Par. of Coldstream, BEW, SCT, in the household of Robert Wight and Janet Wight as son of Robert.1
|Charts||William RICHARDSON of Pringlestead, Eckford|
RUNCIMAN of Earlston/Wanton Walls
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2012|
- 1851 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Marlefield, Coldstream, BEW; Reg. 733 ED: 4; Page: 1; Hsehold of Robert & Janet WIGHT, extracted Jul 2005.
- 1841 Census, Borders, SCT, LDS Film, Mellendean, Sprouston, ROX, hsehold of Robert & Janet WIGHT, extracted pre 1999.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 10 Feb 1855 Wiliam s/o Robert WIGHT & Janet SCOTT, aged 21, Coldstream, BEW 733 #8, copy d/loaded Dec 2012.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Dec 2012.
- FreeCensus, UK online at http://www.freecen.org.uk/, 1841 Mellendean, Sprouston SCT1841/807 ED 1 Folio 1 Page 1, hsehold of Robert & Janet WIGHT, extracted Jul 2005.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.