(say 1710 - after 1755)
BMDB dataJohn McAdie was born say 1710 ?Watten, CAI, SCT.1
John McCadie married Elspet Sutherland on 24 Feb 1732 Watten, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, entry reads: January 5th matrimonially contracted John McCadie in Lynegar and Elspet Sutherland alias Donaldson in Houstry Dun and by these and themselves to consummate marriage within 4 days accomplished February 24th 1732.2,3
John McAdie was assumed to have died aft. 1755 Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT.
Census/Where lived/OccupationsIn Feb 1732 John McAdie was living Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, He and Elspet were still there by 1755 when their last known child was baptized.3
NamesIn 1732-1734 his surname was recorded as McCadie also McAdy, McKady.4,3,5,6
All the other infoJohn McAdie and James McAdie Lynegar, Par. of Watten, CAI, SCT, were possibly related.
|Elspet Sutherland (say 1710 - )|
|Charts||John & Elspeth (SUTHERLAND) McADIE|
|Last Edited||4 Jun 2017|
- MacADIE and variants: births christenings marriages, International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- William Macadie, "FT MacADIE ex Dunbeath Heritage Centre", Sighted Jul/Sep 1994 and again in Jul/Sep 1995, I'm mistakenly recorded as Lorna McKENZIE on the bottom of one of the pages, but accurately recorded as being interested in Robert MacADIE & Margaret SINCLAIR, and George MacADIE & Margaret COTTAR., Marr. 24 Feb 1732 John McADIE & Elizabeth SUTHERLAND, extracted Jul 1994/5.
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Marr. 24 Feb 1732 John McCADIE & Elspeth SUTHERLAND alias DONALDSON, copy d/loaded Sep 2009.
- Birth baptism marriage: Watten, CAI Dist 43/2, Bap. 7 Jul 1734 James s/o John McCADIE & Elspet SUTHERLAND, in Lynegar, extracted Nov 2003.
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland, Birth/Bap.? 30 Jan 1737 Donald s/o John McKADY & Elspeth SUTHERLAND, Watten, CAI, 042/00 0010 0127, extracted Jun 2013 , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
- Births deaths marriages index (pre 1855): Scotland, Birth/Bap.? 8 Nov 1747 John s/o John McADY & Elizabeth SUTHERLAND, Watten, CAI, 042/00 0010 0171, extracted Jun 2013 , Microfiche and http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.