(say 1665 - )
|Relationship||7th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJohn Fry was born say 1665 ?Martock, SOM, ENG.1
John Fry married Elizabeth UnknownSurname (m. FRY) say 1690 ?Martock, SOM, not immediately obvious in Martock parish register, which starts March 1666.1 John Fry was buried on 5 Jan 1724 Martock, SOM, ENG, entry for Jan (1723/4) reads: Mr John Fry of London buried Martock ye 5 of Jan.2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJohn Fry lived in Jan 1724 London, LND, ENG.2
All the other infoJohn Fry was Documents in the Somerset Archives (apparently in poor condition, 14 documents) described as:
Brief, interrogatories, order, bond, etc., involving the indebtedness of the Fry family [originally incurred c.1666]; inventory of John Fry of Witcombe in Martock, 1694.
Held by: Somerset Heritage Centre (South West Heritage Trust) in 1694 Witcombe, Par. of Martock, SOM, ENG.5
|Elizabeth UnknownSurname (m. FRY) (say 1670 - Mar 1730)|
|Charts||My pedigree chart|
Maternal ancestors of Lorna
My Somerset ancestors
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2017|
- Parish Registers: Somerset, England (published), Bap. 27 Dec 1692/3 Elizabeth d/o Mr John FRY & Elizabeth his wife", Martock, SOM, extracted Nov 2017.
- Parish Registers: Somerset, England (published), Bur. 5 Jan 1724 (1723/4) Mr John FRY "of London", Martock, SOM, copy d/loaded Nov 2017.
- British History Online online at http://www.british-history.ac.uk, http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/som/vol4/pp78-109, extracted Nov 2017.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Nov 2017.
- National Archives UK online at http://www.documentsonline.nationalarchives.gov.uk/, 1694 John FRY, Whitcombe in Martock, ref. DDDN/154, "FRY of MARTOCK", http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/…, extracted Nov 2017.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.