(18 April 1866 - )
|Father||Isaac Friend Daw1,5 (cir. Dec 1829 - May 1902)|
|Mother||Jannette M Smith1,5 (1837 - Feb 1884)|
BMDB dataRobert Henry Daw was born on 18 Apr 1866 Antrim Co., MI, USA.5,1 He was baptized on 28 May 1871 St Paul's Par., Elk Rapids, Antrim Co., MI, USA; index shows Robert Henry as son of Isaac F & Janetta M DAW; born 18 Apr 1866 Antrim, MI (same date as siblings Agnes Henrietta, John Charles, at least.)5
Robert Henry Daw was assumed to have died bet. 1892 - 1900 ?Oakland, Alameda Co., CA, USA, date assumes Robert is father of Mark Walton DAW b. 1892, mother a widow in 1900.6,7
Census/Where lived/OccupationsWilliam, Robert, Mary and Agnes appeared on the census of 1870 nr Williamsburg PO, Whitewater, Grand Traverse Co., MI, USA, as the presumed children of Isaac Friend Daw and Nellie Daw.1
The census of 8 Jun 1880 showed William, Robert and John in the household of their parents Isaac and Jannette M Daw Whitewater, Grand Traverse Co., MI, USA, enumerated as DAW: Isaac F 51 farmer marr. b. ENG F/M b. ENG; wife Jannette M 48 keeping hse b. ENG F/M b. ENG; Children: William J 18 at home, Robert H 13, Agnes H (or A?) 11, John C 9, Sarah J 7 all at school, b. MI F/M b. ENG.3
Robert Henry Daw might be the Robert H DAW, aged 22 native of Michigan, carpenter, local resid. in Los Angeles City: Emerald Ave, registered as a voter on 1 Oct 1888 Emerald Ave, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., CA, USA.9
Robert Henry Daw might be the Robert H, carpenter in 1892 24th St (534), Oakland, Alameda Co., CA, USA, where, at another address, also in Oakland, are a John C & Wm J - subsequently ruled out of contention as being his siblings John Charles and William James as John is noted as dying Apr 12, 1896 on the 1897 city directory for Oakland and very much still alive back in Michigan.6
|Charts||John & Mary (FRIEND) DAWE of Lamerton, Devon|
|Last Edited||26 Jun 2016|
- 1870 Census images, USA, Whitewater, Grand Traverse, Michigan; Roll: M593_672; Page: 464B; Image: 37982; Family History Library Film: 552171, hsehold of Isaac and Nellie DAW, extracted Jun 2016.
- DAW(E) www searches & misc. corres. DAW dths, Grand Traverse Co. MI, from http://online.co.grand-traverse.mi.us/iprodp/death.cgi, extracted Jun 2016.
- 1880 Census images, USA, Whitewater, Grand Traverse, Michigan; Roll: 578; Family History Film: 1254578; Page: 421B; Enumeration District: 079; Image: 0613, hsehold of Isaac F DAW (indexed as DAN), extracted Jun 2016.
- Utah, USA, Michigan, BDM index, via ancestry.com: Birth 18 Apr Bap. 28 May (St Paul's Par., Elk Rapids, Antrim) 1871 Robert Henry s/o Isaac F & Janette M DAW, Antrim Co., MI, film 927469, extracted Jun 2016.
- Utah, USA, Michigan Births and Christenings, 1775-1995, Index (FamilySearch): Bap. 28 May 1871 Robert Henry s/o Isaac F & Janetta M DAW, St Paul's, Elk Rapids, Antrim, MI, b. 18 Apr 1866 Antrim, from https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FHMR-9PP film 927469 batch C00882-1, extracted Jun 2016.
- USA: City Directories online at via ancestry, 1892 Robt H DAW, Oakland, CA, extracted Jun 2016.
- 1910 Census images, USA, Oakland Ward 7, Alameda, California; Roll: T624_71; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0211; FHL microfilm: 1374084, hsehold of Eliza WALTON, extracted Jun 2016.
- DAW(E) DNA Project online at http://worldfamilies.net/surnames/dawe, Researched Jun 2016.
- Voter Register, 1 Oct 1888 Robert H DAW, carpenter, aged 22, born Michigan, resid. Emerald Ave, in Appendix - City Electors, Los Angeles.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.