(circa December 1780 - 11 May 1863)
|Father||David Millar2 (say 1745 - )|
|Mother||Elizabeth Chrystal2 (say 1750 - )|
BMDB dataJames Millar was born cir. Dec 1780 Kippen, STI, SCT.1,2,3 He was baptized on 17 Dec 1780 Kippen, STI; entry shows James as child of David MILLAR and Eliz CHRISTAL. Wit.: Cong.1
James Millar died on 11 May 1863 Cauldhame, Par. of Kippen, STI, SCT; cert. shows James as 80 pauper formerly mason, s/o David MILLER wright, & Elizabeth m.s. CHRYSTAL, both dec'd; d. 4am of acute bronchitis, chronic myocarditis of long standing; inf. John ?GRAHAM?, Inspector of Poor; Reg; 16th.2
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJames Millar appeared on the census of 1861 High St (4), Kippen, STI, SCT, enumerated as MILLAR: James 80 mason (pauper) b. Kippen, STI; Niece Elizabeth 35 b. Kippen.3
NamesIn 1863 his surname was recorded as Miller.2
External linksClick here to see James's page on WikiTree, a (free) collaborative on-line tree.5
|Last Edited||18 Mar 2019|
- Scottish BMDB entries (to 1854), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Bap. 17 Dec 1780 James s/o David MILLAR & Eliz CHRISTAL, Kippen, STI, 484/ 10 211, copy d/loaded Dec 2018.
- Scottish BMDB entries (from 1855), http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php, Dth 11 May 1863 James s/o David MILLER & Elizabeth CHRYSTAL, Kippen, STI 484/00 Pg 7 #19, copy d/loaded Dec 2013.
- 1861 Census transcripts, Scotland, via Ancestry.com, Kippen, STI; Reg. 484 ED: 1; Page: 10; hsehold of James MILLAR, extracted Jan 2015.
- "Lorna's Family History Musings", Dec 2018.
- WikiTree online at http://WikiTree.com/, https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Millar-1968, loaded Dec 2018.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.