(circa June 1712 - November 1776)
|Father||John Andrews3 (say 1685 - Oct 1719)|
|Mother||Ann Cole3 (say 1685 - Mar 1751)|
|Relationship||5th great-grandfather of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJohn Andrews was born cir. Jun 1712 Martock, SOM, ENG.3 He was baptized on 17 Jun 1712 at Martock, Somerset; entry reads: John Son to John & Ann Andrews bap ye 17 of June.3
John Andrews married Anne Cuff, daughter of Robert Cuff and Elizabeth Fry, on 27 Apr 1744 at Martock, Somerset, entry reads: John ANDREWS & Anne CUFF were married 27th of April.4
John Andrews died in Nov 1776 at Martock, Somerset. He was buried on 1 Dec 1776 at Martock, Somerset, entry reads: "1776 Dec, John Andrews of Hurst was buried the first day" (assumes correct id.)5
|Anne Cuff (cir. Sep 1712 - Sep 1771)|
|Charts||John & Ann (COLE) ANDREWS|
My pedigree chart
Maternal ancestors of Lorna
Andrews/Wines lines represented/needed by atDNA tests
My Somerset ancestors
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2017|
- Existence of parent of Thomas and sister Jaon marr. HALLET from will of son Thomas.
- Will: Thomas ANDREWS (27 Apr 1819 (Martock)): Will (1819, Martock; probate 1821 Bath & Wells): Thomas ANDREWS, copy rcvd from Sue S.
- Parish Registers: Somerset, England (published), Bap. 17 Jun 1712 John s/o John & Ann ANDREWS, Martock, SOM, extracted Nov 2017.
- SOM, Martock: All Saints marriages.
- ANDREWS Burials: Martock, SOM, Bur. 1 Dec 1776 John ANDREWS, "of Hurst", from Martock Parish Burials 1760-1812, extracted Sep 1994.
- Sue SHARMAN, "ANDREWS of Martock research", Private copy of extensive well documented research into ANDREWS of Martock famlies, rcvd Nov 2017 (Excludes recent findings on Sarah and William children of John & Rebecca (WINES) ANDREWS, 27 Apr 1819 Will Thomas ANDREWS "of Hurst", rcvd Nov 2017.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.