(5 August 1874 - after 1909)
|Father||Donald Taylor2,1 (cir. Jun 1830 - Mar 1914)|
|Mother||Margaret Campbell1,2 (cir. 1834 - Jul 1913)|
|Relationship||1st cousin 4 times removed of Lorna Henderson|
BMDB dataJulia Isabella Taylor was born on 5 Aug 1874 Halkirk, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT.3
Julia Isabella Taylor married James Smith, son of Walter Smith and Margaret Larnach, on 12 Aug 1896 Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, Dist. 037/A #11 cert reads: James Smith, Public School Teacher, single, 31, living Albert Sq, Kirkwall (OKI), s/o Walter Smith, farmer and Margaret m.s. Larnach (transcr. as Lavnach?, I've assumed Larnach) mar. (after banns of the Free Ch of Scotland) Julia Isabella Taylor, farmer's dtr, 21, single, living Libster (sic, assumed to be a mistranscription of Sibster) Par. of Halkirk, dtr of Donald Taylor, farmer and Margaret m.s. Campbell. Wit: Alexander Taylor (assumed to be Julia's brother) and Julia Henderson.2,1
Julia Isabella Taylor married Donald Paterson, son of George Paterson and Elizabeth Brotchie, on 25 Mar 1909 Station Hotel, Perth, PER, SCT, Julia Isabella Smith (Widower) Restaurateur married Donald Paterson (Widower) Grocer & Ship Chandler on the 25 March 1909 at Station Hotel, Perth. Donald aged 46 Usual Residence 53 High Street, Thurso Parents - George Paterson (farmer, deceased) Elizabeth m.s. Brotchie (deceased). Julia aged 34 Usual Residence Traill Street, Thurso - Parents Donald Taylor (farmer) Margaret m.s. Campbell. Minister - Alexander Isdale - St Stephens United Free Church, Perth. Wit. William Paterson (assumed to be Donald's brother) & Catherine Sinclair (assumed to be Julia's sister.)1,4
Julia Isabella Taylor was estimated to have died aft. 1909 ?Thurso, CAI, SCT.4
Census/Where lived/OccupationsJulia Isabella Taylor appeared on the census of 3 Apr 1881 Sibster, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, in the house of Donald and Margaret Taylor, as the dtr of Donald.5 Julia Isabella Taylor is indexed on the census of 5 Apr 1891 Sibster Burn, Par. of Halkirk, CAI, SCT, in the household of Donald and Margaret Taylor.6 In Mar 1909 Julia Isabella Smith was a widowed "restaurateur" of Traill St, Thurso, CAI, SCT, when she married Donald.4
|James Smith (Jul 1864 - bef. 1908)|
|Donald Paterson (Dec 1862 - aft. 1909)|
|Last Edited||2 Jan 2005|
- Letter, Alastair CORMACK to L McIntosh, Sep - Nov 1999.
- GRO, SCT, BDM searches at GRO SCT: Mar. cert 1896 James SMITH & Julia TAYLOR, trans. Stuart H Jul 2003.
- TAYLOR, International Genealogical Index (IGI), TAYLOR/CAMPBELL births, batch C110373-?-6035516 R, extracted pre 2000.
- Letter, Robert B to Lorna Henderson, Mar. cert Julia SMITH nee TAYLOR and Donald PATERSON, transcr. rcvd Dec 2004.
- 1881 Census transcripts, UK, via Family Search/LDS CDs, FHL Film 0203400 GRO Ref Volume 037 EnumDist 4 Page 12, extracted ?1999?
- 1891 Census, CAI, SCT, Halkirk Reg 37A ED 4 Pg 3 Sched 10, hsehold of Donald & Margraet TAYLOR, extracted pre 2000.
E. & O. E. Some/most parish records are rather hard to read and names, places hard to interpret, particularly if you are unfamiliar with an area.